Skip to content
GMarsack's profile

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 8:00 AM

Cancel Service

Dear Comcast Business Support, 

I recently moved to a new home that does not currently offer Comcast Business Internet in my area. I need to cancel my business class service, but after reading through all of the horror stories here on the forums, I'm left disinterested in calling the "customer service" number directly. I don't have time or interest in being on hold just to close my account. How can I go about cancelling my service directly through the website/forums/email instead?

Thanks in advance for your time!

George

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hi GMarsack.  In order to cancel you services it is necessary to contact the Business Service Center @ 800-391-3000, as changes to your services requires authorization of the account owner.

Thank You.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

9 years ago

Hello kkp0001 and welcome to forums. Has anyone gotten back to you on this issue? If not I can forward your information to the appropriate support team?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

No response... interesting. Okay, I'll try this approach. Lets see how fast I get a response if I say something else (such as I'd like to add more services).

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am in the same boat. The morons at Comcast keep refering me to this number to cancel, however when you call this number you are transferred to many departments and end up being on hold for more than 30 mins.

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have cancelled my service over a month ago b/c our business merged with the larger entity. We've moved offices and I just received a bill, thanks to mail forwarding. If anything I shouldve received a check for the prorated amount since I cancelled my service weeks before the due date of the last cycle. Please don't make me call again, I have a job to do. I recommend you do yours and quit sending these to me.

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Tried this and FAILED - dealing with morons

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Just can't seem to cancel my services!!!!

Comcast identified me as the account holder and this was done by there security questionsand still I CANNOT cancel my services. Now I MUST have a security pin in order to cancel my services with them. They can't send the pin via email - wow - when they seemed to have managed to send eveything else I needed via email. Can't talk to a supervisor immediately. Still waiting for him / her to call me so far after 24hrs. Oh the security questions personal to me could easily be known to anyone one so that is not good enough to cancel the services but good enough to change (or even upgrade my services). So, I told them they have my credit card on file (auto - this was stipid of me to give them) and can confirm using this method to further identify me - BUT NO they cannot do this. 

I just want to cancel!!! HELP

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If I can authorize a payment or a transfer of service online, I should be able to cancel online. I'm unable to speak on the phone right now but need to cancel. 

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Please let me know how I can cancel my comcast business service. I have used it for several years without a problem but I no longer need it and have bulndled internet with Comcast residential, i.e. Xfinity.