Skip to content
MarkusMcNugen's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 24th, 2015 9:00 PM

Account User Activation Error

I set my boss up with a user account to be able to view and pay our Comcast bill. When trying to activate his account he gets this message:

"You are currently signed in as 'Eric D******' . In order to complete the activation of a different user, you must first sign out of your current session by selecting the sign out option below. Once you have signed out, please start your activation process again."

That is the user we are trying to activate... if we try to sign in using his email and password we get:

"You must activate your online account credentials before you sign in. For details on how to activate your account credentials, please refer to the activation email you received. If you are unable to locate your activation email, please contact a manager of this online account to request another invitation."

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

9 years ago

Hello MarkusMcNugen,

As VBSSP-Rich was referring to, if you activate the business portal with a non Comcast hosted email the portal will send that email an activation email. In order to complete activation you would need to login to the email you used to activate the portal with and clock on the activation link email. I was able to see on your account which user was stuck in pending activation and I activated it.

Please let us know if you still have any further issues.

1 Message

I was sent a link for creating an account, but as soon as I fill out the form (with all green check marks for the password creation) & I've selected a security question, it tell me there was an error. I have tried it in 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Edge). I also had the primary user send me another email to create my account and it still gives me an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

Hello there @user_54a6c8 ! Is there any text with the error at all? 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello oliviagruiz welcome to the forum,

That user should be active now. Please see if you can login to it now. 

Thank you 

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello MarkusMcNugen and welcome,

I believe that error message you are receiving refers to you going to that actual existing email account in the host email application and open the Business Class Portal (BCP) Email that was sent there as the authentication part of the new BCP email generation.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

How do we fix this then?

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue trying to set-up one of my employees.  She gets an error message when shee attempts to activate her account. I tried activating her user id for her.  I used the link in the email she received.  I entered her email address and temp password.   I get an Oops error...indicating that I am logged in as my employee's name and that I need to logout and use the link to activate her login.

The solution posted on 10/30/15 is exactly what I did and isn't working.

LJ

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

9 years ago

Hello Kgalxj,

You other user should now be activated. Please us know if it is still not allowing you to login. 

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm experincing the same issue with account activation for an employee I setup as a billing manager. She was unable to verify her credentials Carina B**. Any help is appreciated

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you, she was able to login. We have two accounts with comcast. I was able to link accounts, can she link another account? or How can I as the admin link both accounts for her?