Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 16th, 2022 5:55 AM

*URGENT* Comcast modem packet loss when pinging from the internet (pingdom.com) and loosing internet connection for users inside the LAN

Greetings from Chicago -

We have been struggling with Comcast modem issues for the past two weeks.  The comcast tech has been out there 4 times and have replaced the modem.  It runs for a while and then we loose internet connection and our pings to comcast modem (from outside the LAN) has no response.  See the link below that shows comcast modem not responding to pings from outside 

https://imgur.com/a/aH9JUiP

The techs who have been out could not resolve the problem.  See ticket numbers:

CR068038758, CR067480684, CR067693117, CR067694677, CR067734852, CR067577923

ER055022480, CR06813911

How can I get a resolution ?  

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_0fe0c8, and thanks for reaching out to us at Xfinity!

Thanks for letting us know how we can help, and sorry for the issues you are having with your connection.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and address? Our team can further investigate this issue. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank You Comcast_Renee, I just send it as a direct message to 'xfinity support'.  Please keep this posting open, so I can advise the community on the resolution

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

We will definitely keep this thread open so we can follow up on the resolution right here. I want to let you know I am not seeing the DM was sent over, can you try sending it again?

I no longer work for Comcast.