fenoglma's profile

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, July 12th, 2015 7:00 PM

Closed

Unacceptably slow internet

I am running a business.

I am paying for 50 Mbps download speeds.

I am now constantly getting 6-10 MBps.

I have had a technician out here... and we found the problem -- the node is completely saturated by users (to the tune of 98%+). You need to split those nodes so we are getting the speed for which we are paying.

This is completely unacceptable. I want to know when this will be done. 3 hour downloads do not work in a professional environment.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

11 MBps tonight.

And it's not a troubleshooting issue. The tech was here. He showed me how saturated the node is. If you're going to take people's money, you need to deliver the promised service. And if you've oversubscribed a node, you need to split it.

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Last speed check of the night.

6.92 MBps.

And yes, I'm connected directly to the modem via ethernet, no other devices are on, and the router has been restarted.

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Test as of last post was 8.18 Mbps download.

Test just now is 7.66 Mbps download.

Now down to 6.66 MBps download.

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Check this morning shows normal (and appropriate) speed. This is consistent with what has been happening for the last several weeks.

In other words, when there is high traffic (usually evenings), my download speed is crippled. Still awaiting response and resolution.

No payments to Comcast will be made until this is resolved (you are in breach of contract).

Problem solver

• 

305 Messages

9 years ago

I can't say for sure, but when a node needed to be  split in my area, it took about 2 weeks. It really just depends on if they have it scheduled out to occur. Personally, mine wasn't even scheduled out, but if yours is it could be much shorter. 

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I sure hope so... as with so many of the other threads here, there's a complete lack of communication from Comcast. The tech was relatively easily able to identify the problem -- and I suspect this is not uncommon -- but it seems the bureaucracy swallows up any rapid progress on resolving it.

It's funny, too, because they always talk about credits to your account, etc. I cannot speak for everyone, obviously, but I don't care about credits to my account -- I simply want the service to work as promised. A few extra dollars in my pocket in no way helps me when the download speed is crippled (whether I'm relaxing at night trying to watch a movie or downloading the latest dev tools from Apple).

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

7.52 Mbps again now.

Comcast, I need someone to address this ... it's getting a bit absurd.

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

4.84 Mbps down tonight

Going to post every day till they actually do something.

Problem solver

• 

305 Messages

9 years ago

Try sending a PM to Comcast_Jon. He should be able to get someone was escalations to reach out to you. 

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

7.43 Mbps tonight.

(And I clicked on the link to Comcast_Jon ... there was no option to PM him ... I clicked on yours and the option is there, so I'm not sure why he's unavailable to PM, but ... I guess I'm stuck unable to work effectively in the evenings because Comcast won't fix a known problem)

Problem solver

• 

305 Messages

9 years ago

Shortly after I sent my message I was informed of a new PM policy which I forgot to pass along to you, sorry about that. Please send that PM to  dmo_admin.

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have deluxe Internet75 service ... Should have 75mbs download and 15mbs upload.   Fir the past three days I am averageing 20 mbs diownload and 4 mbs upload.  Cinsidering I pat a substgantial fee for this, the speed should be maintained to business customers 24 x 7.  Last night I had a critical download that normally takes 45 minues and it took 3 hrs +.  Since I do most of my work at night, if Comacast cannot address this I may have to find alternative solutions.

Problem solver

• 

305 Messages

9 years ago

@dwfejes wrote:

I have deluxe Internet75 service ... Should have 75mbs download and 15mbs upload.   Fir the past three days I am averageing 20 mbs diownload and 4 mbs upload.  Cinsidering I pat a substgantial fee for this, the speed should be maintained to business customers 24 x 7.  Last night I had a critical download that normally takes 45 minues and it took 3 hrs +.  Since I do most of my work at night, if Comacast cannot address this I may have to find alternative solutions.

Take a look at this thread http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/25861#U25861 then make a post in this forum so we can troubleshoot with you further.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, I feel your pain on node congestion; in my area, I am subscribed to the max tier of 100/20, and primetime evening I sometimes struggle to get 80.

@fenoglma wrote:
No payments to Comcast will be made until this is resolved (you are in breach of contract).

So one caveat here, the contract/terms of service state that Comcast is giving you speeds "up to" your given tier. They have legally absolved themselves from guaranteeing speeds, specifically because of situations like this. So they're technically not in breach.

I'm not saying I fully agree with that, just providing the info.

New problem solver

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

"Struggle to get 80"

All due respect, if I were seeing 40 instead of 50, I wouldn't be posting here. I'm getting 6-10 most nights. That's *at best* 20% of what they promised. They aren't even trying.