Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 3:34 PM

Poor connectivity through my static ip.

Hello,

I'm having issues with my static ip address.  If I plug in my laptop with my static ip address to the comcast modem, port 1, I can ping out to internet ip addresses, but I cannot get to any web sites with http protocol.  When doing a packet capture, I am seeing some device constantly arping for my static ip address.  The device arping for my static ip is beginning vantivausa_(half_of_mac_address). Has anyone experienced the problem? 

Thanks.  I am able to use the static ip to rdp to my work network which is strange.  I'm able to use it to use my mobile vpn (netmotion).  but locally, I cannot get any web pages.  I've turned off wireless on the comcast, so everything is just wired connection.  Also, when I connect to other interfaces, I can get dhcp from the modem of 10.1.10.x and that works ok.  But I want to use my static ip and I can't.  The reason I got the static ip is to connect to a firewall in my home network.  the device that is supposed to be the default gateway for the firewall is constantly ARPing for the firewall’s outside (RJ45) interface’s IP address, indicating that it’s not holding onto it for some reason, causing delays and timeouts while it ARPs for the firewall’s IP in order to deliver every packet.

Ken 

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

2 months ago

user_e84482, Thank you for reaching out to Comcast Business Support. We want to do everything we can to assist you with your static IP issues. Let us know if you are still having trouble. We can run through some troubleshooting steps with you. 

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

@Comcast_Angie​ Hello,

Yes I'm still having the problem.  When I did a pcap I see devices arping for my cisco firewall outside ip address every couple seconds.  Seems as if they are not holding onto the address.  I took the firewall off and put my laptop directly on the modem and got the same results.

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

I have a TAC case with Cisco and we can discuss together if you're willing to do that.

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

@user_e84482, Shoot us a DM so we can look into this more for you. Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

9 Messages

I don't see "xfinity support" in the dm list, only "support"

Official Employee

• 

47 Messages

To confirm @user_e84482, are you currently logged in?