Skip to content
theglassguy's profile

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 6:00 AM

outlook not connecting to exchange server

I seem to have this problem every six months or so.  My email has been fine than one day outlook wont connect to the server.  I tried to repair the connection and it says its ok but it still says disconnected.  trying to connect.  but wont connect.  sometimes this last a day or two. last time it happened it lasted 2 weeks.  I have tried every thing.  I have talked to support every time this happens. and they cantfigure it out. last time they told me it was microsofts issue.  I paid microsoft and they said it was on comcasts end. I can sign in online through comcast, and get my email from my phone, but not through my computer. 

I am a business customer and this is killing my productivity as all my programs are configured to run through outlook.

Please help!

Accepted Solution

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I think I just fixed it this time.  I shut down the modem for 2 minutes and did a restart and it seems to be working. well see.  hopefully this doesnt happen again in 6 months.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello theglassguy amd welcome,

Rebooting your internet modem should have very little to do with your email working correctly, unless there is something very strange with email incoming or outgoing ports. You should log into your Business Class Portal (BCP) administrator account, Manage Services.Email, then click on View DNS Info. You should keep a printout of this absolutley critical information to make sure your Outlook is ALWAYS using the correct incoming, outgoing, Exchange, MX, CNAM, POP, SMTP, etc. addresses.Sometimes these could change for various update, upgrade, etc reasons.  Having your DNS Info at your immediate beck and call makes it easy for email issues troubleshooting, along with insuring the correct service incoming and outgoing ports are used, too.

Hope this helps you out.

Accepted Solution

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the help.  I do keep the dns settings on file.  i checked them all and are using the correct settings. I even went to comcasts site to make sure I was using the correct settings and I was.  I even tried to set up a new email and it says its fine but wont connect.  If i try to repair it it says its fine, but wont connect.  Strange issue that I run into sometimes.  I even checked my internet security software to see if that is blocking it and its not.  Maybe they were doing maintenance or something.