Skip to content
jh's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 2:00 PM

Need SMTP settings to send from Outlook / can't create comcast e-mail

I am trying to get outgoing e-mail to work using my own (non-Comcast) e-mail address through Outlook.  I saw through these forums that the outgoing SMTP server should be smtp.w14a.comcast.net.  Is that correct?  Then I just need a logon and password, and it seems like that needs to be a comcast account.  I went here http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/Email/creating-deleting-email-accounts/ to get instructions on how to create an e-mail account.  The instructions say to click on Email under the Manage Services menu, but I only see Internet and Websites listed under Manage Services.  I am (or should be at least) the primary manager on the account.  What do I need to do to get my outgoing e-mail working?

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Hello jh,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, domains that  are not hosted by Comcast cannot use our outgoing mail server.

What we can suggest is either have Comcast become your email host or you will have to use your own mail server.

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello jh,

As usual Comcast_John is right on the money. However, if you want to get that domain under the Comcast unbrella please check this out  . This is the means by which you can that Domain email server available to you. 

Administrator

• 

1.5K Messages

10 years ago

Hello VBSSP-Rich,

Thank you for sharing that link with Jh!