Skip to content
U

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 2:33 AM

Closed

Need routing fixed

I have 13 usable static IP addresses. Last night all was well. This morning, half of them aren't routed anymore. Traceroute out dies one hop past the gateway. Traceroute in from another network dies inside Comcast's network.

The other half still work OK, but I have important servers on the half that don't work. IPv6 works fine.

Modem has been reset. Local equipment is fine (proven by switching a working VM between a working and non-working static IP).

Phone support claims I have only one static assigned but acknowledge that billing reflects 13. My account page on the website shows the 13 IPs.

Was initially promised a 4 hour callback from tier 2, but it didn't happen. It looks suspiciously like someone updated a route and entered /29 when it should be /28.

The modem/router happily re-directs anything from the internal lan on the 10 net for the full address range, so it clearly knows the correct static block.

I can provide traceroute info as needed in a DM is requested.

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

5 months ago

@user_d29b8e we appreciated your time working with us here over Comcast Business Forums. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to partner with our awesome business repair experts last week, to get the Static IPs configured and working again. We are available here 7 days a week between 6am -12am ET for employee support, have a great day. 

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @user_d29, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your night to leave a post on our business community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the business name, and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

• 

5 Messages

It doesn't appear to offer Xfinity Support in the search drop-down.

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

@user_d29b8e, Thank you for letting me know. Are you signed in to your forums account? Try Xfinity Business Support. Let me know if that helps. 

• 

5 Messages

I am signed in. When I click on the U icon in the upper right it shows my correct email. It doesn't offer Xfinity Business Support either. 

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

@user_d29b8e, Lets try this!
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

• 

5 Messages

Interestingly, the person who eventually replied there said he/she could do nothing and I should contact Comcast Business (right next to the icon identifying the sender as "Comcast Business").