Skip to content
Y

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2023 1:18 AM

measuring local network throughput to the DOCIS modem

I would like to monitor local network traffic to the DOCIS modem by installing a managed switch between the internet router WAN port and the DOCIS modem port, and port mirror the connection to a PC running Wireshark.  Is this allowed, and if so, anything I need to know concerning the setup?  Many thanks.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

That is certainly an option that we would want to look into @yumaloper. If you could, please send us a Direct Message so that we can take a closer look into managing your network.

To send a Direct Message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_Joshua​ 

Xfinity Support doesn't appear as an option on my drop-down list. Reply to the email message instead?

Best regards,

Dave

Recognized Contributor

• 

15 Messages

I would try logging out of your account on the forums and relogging in to see if you are able to send us a message that way. When you search for Xfinity Support it should change over to the graphic. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_MartinB​ 

No joy. I can send a message to someone by name, comcast_<name>, but the word 'xfinity' isn't recognized. The word 'support' is however.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

I'd go ahead and give that a try! It will create a message so that we can deep-dive into your network settings together. 

I no longer work for Comcast.