Skip to content
ManChicken's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Sunday, January 17th, 2021 6:00 PM

How to stop useless SecurityEdge emails

I don't have SecurityEdge. I don't know what it even is.

Yet every single week I get a "SecurityEdge Activity Report" email which tells me that Comcast has helpfully blocked 0 websites, 0 phishing and malware attacks, and stopped 0 botnets.

To modify these emails (hopefully to turn them off) it tells me I should "access [my] Comcast Business SecurityEdge portal through My Account" yet I don't see this anywhere in my account... probably because I DON'T HAVE SECURITYEDGE.

How do I stop this nonsense?

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

Anyone? Bueller?

Gold Problem solver

• 

421 Messages

3 years ago

Yikes, that sounds really annoying! Let's see what's causing those incessant emails; please click on my handle (Comcast_Gina) and send a private message with your name, the business name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, as well as the email address that the notifications are going to, to start. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Sounds like a rep signed you up for SecurityEdge without you knowing or threw on a "free add-on" to get a sale

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

3 years ago

Maybe, except I don't even have access to use it (it doesn't show up in my account anywhere.)

Official Employee

• 

76 Messages

I know I wouldn't want to receive emails about services I do not want! I would suggest scrolling through the emails you receive (usually at the very bottom) and select the 'Unsubscribe' option to remove your email or you can visit the link: https://comca.st/3kpyD0Z to manage your preferences.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

3 years ago

*sigh*

These aren't marketing emails "about services I do not want." They are status emails about a service I DON'T EVEN HAVE.

There is no unsubscribe link.

Official Employee

• 

24 Messages

Thanks for correcting us, @ManChicken. We want to see this corrected and appreciate your help. I want to look at your account and see if I can correct this from that side of things. Can you please start a chat with us by pressing the chat button on the upper right of this page?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Same thing is happening to me. I've tried to get this fixed, many phone calls. I still get the emails. NO unsubscribe button

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

@user_525fbc

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Comcast Business forums. To be clear, you are receiving emails regarding the SecurityEdge Activity Report on your Comcast Business account, correct?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I can't get Comcast to stop sending theses emails. It seems like their emails violate the The CAN-SPAM Act. There is no unsubscribe button and I have asked repeatedly to stop sending. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@user_525fbc Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums. We are here to help you with your Comcast Business SecurityEdge email concerns. 

Are the emails that you are receiving part of the scheduled reports?

Comcast Business SecurityEdge provides the ability to generate reporting based on internet traffic and filtering. These reports can be sent to a designated email address on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.

You can access the Comcast Business SecurityEdge subscriber portal to manage the reports. When you go to the Scheduled Reports area is there an option in the Frequency drop down to set the report frequency to never? 

Here is a great article which goes over how to Manage Comcast Business SecurityEdge settings

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I get 3 useless Security Edge emails every week. I’ve been trying for like 2 years to get it to stop but they just keep adding more. I don’t have the service. Never did. None of the “reports” ever indicated anything other than 0 in any of the categories. There is no option to unsubscribe and there is no way to turn it off. Business internet… why am I paying for a premium service when the company can’t remove me from a mailing list??? Hello?!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Hello @user_f3c6bd We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today and thanks for reporting this. I'd be happy to investigate this for you. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "direct messaging" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I know I’m responding to this almost two years later, but I want to provide a fix for anyone else that has this issue and finds this post like I did. 

I have a Comcast business account, not sure if it’s different for non business accounts. 

-Sign in to your Comcast account

-Click on the menu button and select the “subscribed services” option

-Select “Security Edge”

-Go through with the profile creation process- you can just click “finish” without inputting any information or doing anything else on the page 

-Once you’re done with the profile creation process, go to the menu and click on “Scheduled Reports”

-Turn the reports off

Hope this helps someone. These reports were driving me crazy. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@Kweitz72​ unfortunately we don't have any option that shows "Security Edge".  Getting 4 identical emails each and every night "Your Comcast Business SecurityEdge Activity Report".  Complete spam, no unsubscribe link, just total incompetence from a supposed network and cybersecurity company. 

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

How hard is it for them to take us off a mailing list. Going to Verizon

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

@Kweitz72​ I get one email for every account and every upgrade my entire customer history every Sunday night with no way to turn them off. I can see the account numbers. Old accounts. I call. Comcast India tells me ok no problem, we fix. All better. Sunday comes. Guess what.

New Contributor

• 

12 Messages

For a year.
Going to literally any other carrier asap