Skip to content
TildeWoody's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 6th, 2014 1:00 PM

eMail Password change.

I have a new user that is replacing another's position. Seeing how we want the old user's email to continue to be delivered to the new user's email, I created an email alias, and then made the new user's email address the "primary" address for the account.

I then changed the password on the account to meet my organization's password guidelines.

This seems to have worked... kind of. If I come here to Comcast Business and log-in as the new user... the credentials I set are working just as I would expect they would. However, when I updated the credentials in Outlook (where mail will really be collected) the credentials get rejected. What passes is the new username, and the old password

I'm at a loss... do I have to wait a certain amount of time before everything is updated?

Thanks in advance.

~Woody

Accepted Solution

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Well.. update. 

Resolved.

Action: Waiting four days.

I didn't get around to trying to reset the password as I stated I would in my previous post. I was going to do that this afternoon.

At around 11:45 EST the mailbox came up "rejected password"... for giggles... I tried the new one.

It worked.

Just sayin'... you may want to adjust your 30 minute delay estimate for the information to get seeded... more like 5,760.

Thanks for your help.

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello TildeWoody and welcome,

When you change a Business Class Portal (BCP) email address to a specific ALIAS, this will not  directly synchronize the email address change within your offline MS 20XX Outlook account. I recommend you try to create that same exact ALIAS within your offline MS 20XX outlook account and make sure password is the same as BCP email address.

Hope this helps you out.

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry for the slight name change... I must have been logged in as the new user.

Okay... not quite sure you knew what I was saying. The name updating isn't in question... the password is.

The name change went smoothly with these steps.

1. Edit User1's mailbox

2. Add alias "User2"

3. Make "User2" primary address.

So far so good.

4. Logged in via WebMail as User2 with the old password. (passed)

5. Updated Email client to reflect new User2 login. Test. (passed)

6. From this point, logged out... logged back in as my admin accout... and reset User2's password.

7. Logged back in as User2 with the temporary password provided.

8. Changed password to a new password as required.

9. Logged in via WebMail as User2 with new password. (Fail)

10. Adjusted Email client... tested... (Fail)

11. Tried 9 and 10 with the old password... that worked.

In other words... password reset did not work.

Retired Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi TildeWoody2. Sorry for the issues with the password resest.  The steps to change the passwoprd are correct, however password changes can take up to 30 minutes to synchronize between the Portal and the Mail Server. If you are still having issues accessing email, please send me a private message with the email address and the required changes.  I wll engage the Server Admin Team to assist with resolution.

Thank You

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Comcast_John,

I'll try it again. Just to be clear, I can still access the mailbox... using the old password... the new password, however, has exceeded the 30 syncronization. It never took.

I'll give it another shot and then come back and report my findings.