Skip to content
I

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 2:39 PM

Comcast blocking DNS queries (UDP port 53) from my installation?

My commercial account was recently upgraded to another plan. I have static IPs and servers at this location.

Unfortunately, after this upgrade, all DNS queries fail because traffic using UDP port 53 is somehow blocked. I tried querying various nameservers, such as 8.8.8.8 (Google) and 75.75.75.75 (Comcast), and none of them worked. This applies to both wired devices with status IPs and Wi-Fi devices connecting to the modem via Wi-Fi. 

All my attempts to resolve this problem ended up failing because none of the Comcast representatives I talked to knew what DNS was. They had no idea, and one even attempted to look it up on YouTube. 

I opened a trouble ticket TWO DAYS ago and was not even contacted about this.

Do you have any idea what I should do at this point? Thanks

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

10 days ago

Igor_24d2c1 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Business Forum. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your Business Name and address? We'll be happy to investigate this further.

• 

3 Messages

How can I send a direct message, thanks

Official Employee

• 

293 Messages

Igor_24d2c1, Great question. You can DM us by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message. Here are also the steps below.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

• Press Enter to send it

• 

3 Messages

Thanks, I just sent a DM

New problem solver

• 

74 Messages

2 days ago

If you have Security Edge enabled, Comcast will intercept, and in some cases block, DNS queries even if you use non Comcast DNS servers. Try to disable Security Edge if you have it enabled.