Skip to content
sgarrabrant's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 2:00 PM

xfinity wifi hotspot access no longer working

I am a comcast business customer.  In the past, I have used the same login credentials to access the xfinity wifi hotspots as I do for my comcast business account.  When last I traveled (early September) things were working fine.  This week, I repeatedly get a "username not found" error, and it tells me that I need to configure my xfinity account from my business account.  I contacted the online "chat" help from the comcast business site, and they told me they could not correct it and would escalate the issue.  What I received was an automated email with links on how to configure a hotspot.  

Can someone please tell me who to contact or how to correct this?  needing it to work when next I travel.

Thanks!

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for reaching out to us on our Comcast Business Support Forums, sgarrabrant. I can take a look at your username and see what's going on with the Xfinity Hotspot access. Could you send me a private message with your full name, the phone number listed on the account and, the username you use to log in with?

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Sure, if you will tell me how to private message.  I only see an option to reply, nowhere to make it private.  

Official Employee

• 

294 Messages

6 years ago

Here is a link on how to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Seems like this issue is reported all over this thread.  Noone mentions the cause.  I'm betting that XFINITY WiFi only recognizes consumer Xfinity accounts and somehow Comcast Business/Teleworker accounts no longer are authenticated correctly without some manual intervention by a "Comcast Employee".  Is this why we all have to privately message someone for every one of these reports?

What's the fix so people don't have to message or call Technical Support for help?

Official Employee

• 

56 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for reaching out to us, sorry you're having this issue. No, there hasn't been a change on how to gain or who has access. We request you private message us because typically it's something unique to that individual that is causing the issue. It helps us to be able to identify the issue and get it solved. Let's take a closer look at what's going on with your access. Please send a private message with your name along with your account number to proceed. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have same problem. My Comcast Business login is not recognized in "xfinitywifi" or "XFINITY" networks. I wasted countless hours with Comcast support trying to reslove the issue. But, still no solution. If I understand there are thousands of businesses utilizing Comcast Business services and comcast support I been dealing with, sounds like have little knowladge of the issue.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your hotspot issues. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I know how frustrating any connection issue can be and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues logging into our hotspots Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? 

• 

1 Message

@Comcast_Michelle 

[removed identifying information from public view]
same problem can’t access Xfinity hotspot

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having this same issue with our comcast business account. Anywhere we go, we are not able to connect to xfinity hotspots and log in with our business credentials. I get stuck in this loop of verifying my account, or I get a page cannot be displayed message. Our residential credentials are no longer valid, as we no longer have residential service. Is there someone who can help? I don't want to message a defunct account. Thank you!

The xfinity website states:

Do You Have to Be an Xfinity Customer to Access Xfinity WiFi?

Xfinity Internet and Comcast Business Internet customers with a qualifying tier of service* can enjoy access to Xfinity Hotspots with their subscriptions at no additional cost.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@Comcast_Korie is this something you can help with? (see my recent post)

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

I would be happy to look into any issue with the hot spots. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? You can also reach out to the Business team at the https://business.comcast.com/support/contact-us/ site as well. 

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

@Comcast_JohnG​ I've been trying to figure out how to contact you via DM, the link with the instructions above doesn't work (404). I tried writing a new message but your name didn't populate when I typed it in. Thanks for your help! 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@aliciadali

After signing into the Forums, you want to click on the "chat" icon, then click  on the "notepad/pencil" icon, lastly, you'll want to then select "Comcast Business." Doing that will allow you to send us a direct message. Please make sure that when you do, to include your full name and address.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I was seeing a similar problem.  After connecting to the XFINITY hotspot, a hotspot login screen will appears.  Click on the existing customer login link.  And when you get to the login screen, look for "business customer login" option  towards the bottom.  Once you click on it, you have to wait several minutes.  In my case, it seemed like 10 minutes, before the business login page actually appeared.  I think you have to do this only once for a given device that you are connecting with.