Skip to content
U

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 4:00 PM

Xfinity disconnected my daughter's internet, with no notice, because the previous tenant in that apartment has a balance of $600.

Xfinity disconnected my daughter's internet, with no notice, because the previous tenant in that apartment has a balance of $600.  She is in Graduate school and cannot afford to be without internet.   Their solution is to pay the previous tenants balance or get a pre-paid account.  Mind you, the account was opened in August, in her name, using auto billing to her credit card.  Absolute worst customer service!!  

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

3 years ago

@user_e1c178 I am so sorry to hear this! Can you please have your daughter reach out to us either online or by calling in, so we can assist her and rectify the situation? 

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Abbie

We called twice last night and spent several hours on the phone.  They said she had to call the CSA dept between 9am - 6pm to prove her identity.  She called this morning and they offered her the lovely solution of paying the previous tenants bill.

Official Employee

• 

27 Messages

@user_e1c178

Oh, my! Paying the previous debt from another tenant is not ideal at all and we would like to provide another solution instead. I would like to clarify with you if this is a business or residential account so that I offer you the proper process to pass along to your daughter. I ask since this sounds like a residential account but we are also on a business service forum.

If this is residential, the debt from a previous tenant can be removed from impeding on the current tenant’s ability to request services. I will post the following conditions for your consideration and also how we can resolve this.

-The person requesting service must not be the account holder who incurred the debt. If there is more than one person named on the account, then both are considered account holders.

-The person requesting service must reside at the residence and be either a tenant or the homeowner.

-Verify residency by providing a copy of the lease with their name as tenant or deed with their name as homeowner, a utility bill with their name and the service address.

This documentation can be sent to us by the account holder. We can enter a ticket on our end to release the hold on the account or this can be presented in person for a real-time review in a Xfintiy store location.

I want to assure you that this is something we can assist with and make right. Please let me know if this information is helpful and how we can proceed, please.

I no longer work for Comcast.

• 

4 Messages

She has residential service.  She meets all of your criteria.  

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

Ah okay great!  Please feel free to have your daughter reach out to our residential community forum!  Our team there will be glad to assist in getting things resolved.

• 

4 Messages

I will let her know.  Thank you.