Skip to content
FP_admin's profile

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 2:00 PM

WiFi Pro settings

I have the WiFi Pro service up and running but need to be able to adjust more of the settings. The speed and coverage are great, but I need to connect an audio streaming device that will be visible to everyone connected to the guest wifi.

Is there a weblogin to update the routing settings and reserve ip addresses?

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello FP_admin and welcome to forums,

Though this is not a feature we support I will do my best to assist you. For this we will require a bit more information to your configuration. The first question is what type of device you are streaming with. You have to make sure it is capable of compressing playing your desired audio. Once this is determined you can connect the device to your internet signal for streaming, here is where things get decisive. Based on your device and how it streams, you may only need to connect to the network and give it's IP address to the systems receiving the stream. Some devices simply need an app to be installed, once installed it can search the local network for the stream.

Unfortunately this with all of this the Wifi pro settings would have little to do with how this is delivered. Perhaps with more information on what you are using to broadcast, and a better idea of how you want it to work, can we get you to a proper solution. Please post back with more information.

Thank You

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hello,

The streaming device serves audio from our TVs to a smartphone app. It runs on the local wifi and only connects to the internet occasionally. You can check it out here:  http://www.audioeverywhere.com/

The streaming device needs to be discoverable on the wifi network. The "Guest" wifi is configured so that connected devices can only see the gateway. I would change it from "Guest" to "Private" but that makes the whole LAN accessible.

Is there a way to remove the Guest restriction so that connected devices can see each other, or a way to prevent the Private wifi from seeing our LAN?

Thank you

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you FP_admin,

Unfortunately based on the needed configuration of this device and the security on our devices you may need to purchase a 3rd party wireless network device. This would allow you to have a secure connection for your employees along with a shared connection that your customers can use. Because this would be a different device you can have your Audioeverywhere device connected to it with a completely different broadcast ID for your customers. I apologize for any frustration this has caused you but it is in the best interest of you network security. Please let me know if you have any other questions.