Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 24th, 2022 3:23 PM

Unfair early termination fee practices from Comcast Business

I had a 3 yr contract with Comcast Business internet which started on 5/21 and I moved last month. I told them I was planning to move when I got it and they told me I can take it to the new place or if there is no service there, I can cancel it without any consequences.

When I moved, I was given an option of 50% hike on the prices when I requested a transfer. I refused to take it since Comcast was not honoring the original contract with original prices. I assumed the contract is voided since Comcast does not seem to be bound by a contract and can request exorbitant new prices on existing contracts after a move. I called to cancel the service. Then, I was faced with early termination fees which are too high. This means the contract is valid for me but not valid for them. I thought a contract should be binding for both sides. These practices were not clear from the get go. Their contract does not even list the monthly fee for early termination, they refer to another document for it. 

I want to know if there are other people like me. We can go to court.

These practices are not friendly to the customer and very annoying.

I asked to escalate and go to arbitration, but there was nothing from the representative. I ask you to listen to my calls to the customer service and tell me if I was treated fairly.

I request my ETF to be waived.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thank you so much for reaching out to us here @user_d5bf67. I would like to take a look into this issue here and get you some answers.

Can you please send us a one on one chat message by following the steps below:

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

@Comcast_Selena​ 

I cannot find "Xfinity Support" user. There is a "Support" user but not responding to my chat.

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

Hi there @user_d5bf67!  Thank you so much for reaching out today!  Your DM has been received and we have responded.  

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Comcast is ridiculous. Made me wait for 1 hr on the chat to tell me they cannot help me since there is an open ticket. Well, I already said I called before about it.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I guess there is not much left accept to write in every internet forum and review site to tell as many people as there is about these, so people know about these shady practices.