Skip to content
andybrucelmco's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016 6:00 AM

Unable to change private wifi password

Hello - I have two comcast routers. Each router offers 2.4GHz and 5GHz private wifi connections.

I want to selectively enable one of the 5GHz connections on one of the routers, but I want to provide my own custom password.

I changed the password on the router admin page (local web administration). No effect. Password is still the original.

I just tried changing the password on the https://business.comcast.com/myaccount/Secure/ManageServices/Internet/ManagePrivateWIFI/ page. The password says it is changed, but it isn't.

How do I know? Because I have a device that I just connected to the private 5GHz wifi SSID - and using the old password works.

What a disaster.

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello andybrucelmco,

I'm having issues finding your account number. Can you please send me a private message with your account number so I can reset your password? 

Thank you 

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello Jacob - I am having exact same issue as you were trying to assist someone with below.  How can I do the same?

Thank you,

Patty

Official Employee

• 

869 Messages

8 years ago

Hello Patty,

Just to confirm you're able to login to the modem okay but when you try to change the Private Wifi password you receive an error? 

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So this question was asked 8 months ago and there is no answer.  Great community comcast has going here.  Worthless, just like their support.

Lets see how long it takes for the board admin to erase this message.  I'll bet it's alot quicker than it takes to answer the original question.

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Me too.  I can change the (and did change) the router admin password, but I also need to change the private wifi network password.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello annonymis and welcome to the support forums. 

I would like to assist with your private wireless network. Please private message me your account number and the name of your business. 

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

we are having the same problem. Our installer said we had to connect to the modem by ethernet cable, but this day of tablets, no connections possble. I don't understand why the tech who is supposed to respond cannot just tell us how to fix this. Why do they need our account #??? and certainly none of us out here posting are going to post that 

Again, can succesfully change the name of the private wifi, but cannot change the password 

PLEASE HELP 

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi NatlTreas and welcome to the business forums.

I can certainly assist with your private network. Your installer is correct and you are able to change the network settings with a hardwired connection as shown here: 

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/configure-private-wifi-comcast-business-wireless-gateway/

You are also able to edit your private network by logging into the business portal as shown here:

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-online-account-private-wifi-settings/

For account security, our representatives do have to authenticate your account with pieces of information such as your account number. If you need any additional assistance, please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full service address and the phone number associated with your account.