Skip to content
jlayman920's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 6th, 2021 6:00 AM

Switching from Comcast residential internet to Comcast business

Does the residential account need to be cancelled or does it just switch from one to the other?

Problem solver

• 

43 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, thanks for reaching out and this is a great question! You would need to transfer your account over from residential to business which you can do by reaching out to our Business Service representatives. You can get in contact with our support team and learn more information here: https://comca.st/3tCwgMF. Thanks again for both your time and interest! 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just did this (residential >> business). The two do not talk to each other, it is as if they are totally separate businesses. The credit I got on unused residential is not applied to the business account. Separate account numbers. I even got both a call from Comcast asking why I closed my (residential) account. The rep had trouble understanding that I switched to Business. Also got a satisfaction survey asking why I "quit." Options included named competitors I switched to (eg, AT&T, Earthlink). None of the options included Comcast for Business. Seems like a poorly managed enterprise. But they've got a lock on Baltimore City, so no competition.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Are you able to keep your original email address?

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

user_61866d Once you have a Comcast Business account established, you should be able to link your residential Comcast.net email to that account. Also, you can still access your Comcast.net email after you disconnect your Xfinity Residential services. Just as long as you logged into the email account at least once in the 90 days prior to disconnecting Xfinity Residential services, and continue to log into the account at least once every 9 months. 

Use Xfinity Email if you've disconnected your service