Skip to content
aic's profile

New problem solver

• 

39 Messages

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 1:00 PM

Requesting firmware to include locally enable/disable PUBLIC WIFI access (xfinitywifi)

Greetings everyone, the inability of the Cisco DPC3939B to localy disable PUBLIC WIFI also known as "xfinitywifi" is becoming a time waster for me. Both 2.4 and 5.0 local wifi are disabled. Sadly my static ip's service do not allow me to purchase my own gateway.

It is noticeable the lack of available bandwith for other more important tasks when PUBLIC WIFI is on and I would like to state my request "in writing" for Comcast to mofify the current firmware. For those who first read about this: requesting anyone at support either by phone or online to turn it off is the current procedure.

As of today the service is turned on by default, also by default will turn itself back on after any event changes the gateway status, power failure, service instability, the gateway will not alert you unless you login and see the green WIFI on the top of the page or notice everything is now slow. If you hover your mouse over the green WIFI it will say how many users are using you xfinitywifi.

If the reader wishes to second my request, please reply to this message and state "in writing" too your request (copy/paste):

"I am requesting a firmware modification to include local setting to enable/disable PUBLIC WIFI access (xfinitywifi)."

best regards

note: @support: please turn off again, thanks

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hi aic. I apologize for the inconvenience.  Xfinity public WiFi has been disabled. Customer access to the Xfintiy WiFi settings via the Business Portal is expected early Q2/2015.  

Thank You

Occasional Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

That's good news John! I didn't see this before I sent you the private message.

New problem solver

• 

39 Messages

9 years ago

Greetings, I have avoided for a few days asking to turn PUBLIC WIFI access (xfinitywifi) OFF, I placed a Power Supply Backup to avoid surges turning off/on the cisco gateway.
Well some how PUBLIC WIFI access (xfinitywifi) is On again, can someone please turn it off, and advise on the status of the firmware update addressing that issue, thank you.