Public WiFi

It came back on

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

Hello ewatts76,

I apologize for my delayed response. I have disabled your xfinity wifi signal to ensure it is not causing issues with your connection. Are you having other issues with your wireless connection that I can help with?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

Somehow my modem is broadcasting a public wifi signal again. It is named XFINITY. It cannot be logged into at all. Can you please disable this?

It does not stay on all the time. It comes and goes. It is on the same channel as my private, has the same MAC address except for the last two digits. It has the same exact signal strength as my private wifi as well, so I know it is coming from my modem. 

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

I finally heard back from Tier 2. Just got off the phone with them and they got everything turned off completely. Now my private wifi is all that works. All is well.

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks!

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

I apologize but I do not show the Xfinity Hotspot enabled on your device. If you see an SSID showing "XFINITY" (all caps) this is for our new Xfinity Mobile service. This signal should not impact your connection as the Xfinity hotspot can. Unfortunately we do not have access to disable this broadcast. I hope this information helps.

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

Why does it have to broadcast on the same channel as my private wifi? There is no way to stop multiple wifi AP on the same channel from affecting each other. I have my private on channel 9 as other wifi around here cause issues on other channels. Is there a way to move the public to another channel. Also I do not like having this on my modem. I may look into getting my own modem. 

Piggy backing something ppl pay YOU for, on me just does not seem right. We should have the ability to disable this or you should remove the rental fee for the modem if you are going to make money off of our connection. 

Gold Problem solver

• 

575 Messages

7 years ago

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. If you like I can have a tech swap your modem out with one that does not support wifi. This would eliminate this issue for you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.