Skip to content
amitramani's profile

New problem solver

• 

22 Messages

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 7:00 AM

Modem Recommendations for replacing Comcast Cisco DPC3939B

I have posted here several times about customers having the ability to turn off the XFINITY WiFi hotspot permanently. While calling Comcast is an option, the XFINITY WiFi automatically returns after the modem power cycles. 

With that said, I would like to replace the Cisco DPC3939B modem and replace it with my own modem. I assume that modem will not have any XFINITY Wifi, since I will be using my own wireless router.

What are the recommended replacements for the Cisco DPC3939B? @Comcast_John, can you please help?

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello amitramani and welcome,

If you disable the hotspot from within the Business   Class Portal BWG Online Control  facility, this will solve your issue. Please check out the provided link for resolution of your issue. 

Hope this help you out.

New problem solver

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Hi VBSSL-RICH

I have tried using the link you mentioned (http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-wifi-hotspot-directory-information/). 

The problem is when I login to my Business Comcast Account, I do not see the option to Manage either my Business WiFi or Private WiFi. See below for screenshot. 

Instead I only see the option to "Download Norton"  or "Troubleshoot". 

Why does Comcast place such misleading articles?

comcast-manage-internet-screenshot.png

New problem solver

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Note to other users trying to replace the Comcast provided modem:

So far, I have tried the Arris SBG6580 (modem and router all in one). After trying online activation and calling comcast, I learnt that this device is not compatible with Business Comcast (all tiers).

Next up, I tried SBG6183 which is listed as being compatible with Business Comcast. Specifically, it is listed under Starter Tier of Comcast Business. That also did NOT work. Same result.

My next step may be try the SBG6120 (I've had that for a long time). But my guess is that its not compatble with Business Comcast.

I may try buying the SBG6141 and get that working. Wish me luck!