Skip to content
Oakbrook's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 7:00 PM

Is the Cisco 3939B Gateway capable of a "guest wifi network?"

I searched and can't find an answer.  Is my Cisco 3939B Modem/router capable of having a "guest wifi network?"  I have the Xfinity Hotspot turned off, but would like a guest network that is password protected to keep guests out of our network.

I haven't been able to find a tech manual for the 3939B.

I called Comcast business tech support and the tech didn't know what a "guest network" is. 

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

The modem you are referring to only has 2.4 and 5Ghz private wifi you can set a password on. It does have a public hotspot that others can use by logging in with their comcast credentials. No option for a "guest" account. 

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I can log onto the gateway, I have renamed both the 2.4 and 5g private wifi access, enabled them and have turned on broadcast with security but I can't see either networks from any wifi device. The tech also initially setup an airtight c-75 which has a guest and a private wifi. We can connect to both, but the coverage isn't enough.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I can log onto the gateway, I have renamed bother the 2.4 and 5g private wifi access, I have broadcast enabled with security and I can't see either networks. The tech also setup an airtight c-75 that has our guest and a private wifi. We can connect to it but coverage isn't enough

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

6 years ago

Hi Mickies. I just responded to your other post as well.

I can certainly assist with your WiF if you're having issues. Please private message me your full name, the name of your business, the full address and the phone number associated with your business account.