Skip to content
pgfitzgerald's profile

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 9:00 AM

Completely disable Wi-Fi

I'd like to completely disable Wi-Fi.

I see three SSIDs associated with my gateway: SSID2-2.4, XFINITY, and xfinitywifi.

What do I need to do to permanently disable Wi-Fi on my gateway?

Paul

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi pgfitzgerald.

I can definitely give you information on how to manage your wireless network. You are able to disable/enable this in the Comcast Business Portal. Here's a link on where to find this: https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-wifi-hotspot-directory-information/. Please let me know if you need anything. 

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks. I already tried that. I'll wait the 24-48 hours suggested and report back.

Is that expected to disable the XFINITY, xfinitywifi, and SSID2-2.4 SSIDs?

I've never been able to get rid of the SSID2-2.4 network I see.

Even though I've disabled all the Wi-Fi settings I can find, Wi-Fi still appears to be enabled. I'd really prefer it be completly disabled.

2017-08-17 13_55_32-192.168.1.110 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Thanks!

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

I can definitely follow up to make sure this is disabled completely. Are you currently inside the gateway's GUI? You can also disable the wireless radio from there as well. 

New Contributor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I'm logged into the web interface.

I cannot find any settings that will allow me to completely disable the wireless radios. I only see settings to disable the private 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks, which I have done. Those default SSIDs (CBCI-A3A0-2.4 and CBCI-A3A0-5) do appear to be inaccessible.

I still see SSID2-2.4, XFINITY, and xfinitywifi being broadcast.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Please send me a private message with your account number and the name of your business. I'll be glad to look into this for you.