Skip to content
giusepperides's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 3:00 PM

Changing My Wifi Password

I would like to be able to have guests sign into our wifi while in our office, our current password is a long complicated alpha numeric nightmare...how can I change the wifi password to something more manageable?

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello giuseepperides and welcome,

Your guests, clients, customers, etc. (gcc) should be using your xfinitywifi public access. If you currently use a Comcast DPC3939B Gateway, this public wifi access insures that your private wifi and especially your wired business network always remain secure and inaccessible by guests. Your gcc can use their comcast business or residential email addresses and passwords for unlimited wifi access. Also, there is a non-comcast login user interface that provides 2 one hour sessions over a 30 day time period.

Comcast highly discourages business customers to provide their private wifi secure SSID and password to its gcc for aforementioned reasons, along with jeopardizing overall business processing integrity. This private wifi facility is specifically dedicated to business customer employees. Comcast business customer can log into their Comcast Gateway by connecting a computer to any on the DPC rear LanPorts 1-4 Enet interconnect, bring up a browser and use 10.1.10.1, then username=cusadmin, password=highspeed.

Hope this helps you out.