Skip to content
StitchTek's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, December 8th, 2014 7:00 AM

Cannot See Options for disabling XFinity WIFi

I've read this article:

http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-business-online-account-private-wifi-settings/

But my account does nto show the options when I log in.  I called to have it disabled, it was but then on a device reboot it came back.  Why can I not manage this myself and why was it not made permanently disabled when I called in?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks I am trying to get the public disabled but the options are not in my backoffice login, and tech support has disabled it twice and it keeps coming back.  I don't even want the full gateway I just want a modem as I aready have routers/firewalls....

Advocate

• 

1.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello StitchTek and welcome,

You should be able to disable your Private 2.5 or 5 Ghz wifi by disabling the SSID broadcast for this will not allow the SSID to be sent out and acts like a full disablement. Make sure you save your settings after making any changes to insure they stick.

Hope this helps you out.

Advocate

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi StichTek.  Currently public wifi options are not available on the "backoffice login"  This will be available in a future Business Portal release.  Also here is a Link to the list of standalone modems approved for Business customers.  You can purchase a retail modem and add it to your account or have the router replaced with a standalone modem.  

Thank You

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the link....I'm going to call tech support and get them to swap it out to a modem only seeing as I have a lot of my own security gear. 🙂