Skip to content
prahladsuresh's profile

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 23rd, 2018 1:00 PM

Cannot login to XFINITY WiFi

I am unable to login to XFINITY WiFi using my Comcast Business account. On web login, it does not recognize my account at all (i.e. it is looking for an XFINITY account but I have a Comcast Business account). On the Android app, it gives me this error:

XFINITY.png

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, I will be happy to do all I can to help with your account. I can take a closer look at your subscription and the active username that should grant you access to XFINITY Wi-Fi networks. Can you please send a private message when you have a moment? Please include the account phone number, your account number, and your full-service address? (with the city, state, & zip code) If you recently moved can I please capture both addresses?

Visitor

• 

226 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for visiting our Comcast Business Support page, PA_Business. That's odd that you're running into that issue from your Laptop only. Have you added your Laptop to the listed of devices on the connection manager? Click Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspot Manager to see how you can manage your devices. Let me know if that works for you.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Firefox (ESR 52.4.0) at least detects the captive portal and provides an opportunity to authenticate (it fails, as previously described). Chrome (71.0.3578.98) doesn't even seem to detect the captive portal. At least I see no authentication/verification prompt. I can (usually) manually go to https://wifilogin.xfinity.com, but again, authentication fails with "username and password don't match" or some system error...

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I too frequently have trouble with authenticating when connected to xfinitywifi.

Sometimes I see a message similar to the one reported by the OP. Other times, I see "The username and password entered do not match. Please try again." It doesn't matter how often I double/triple check that I'm using the right username and password.

I even installed the XFINITY WiFi Windows connection manager, from the link on this page (Laptop > Windows 10). When I run the connection manager and try to sign on, I see "Authentication failed: You have entered and invalid Username or Password. (0108)" Again, it doesn't matter how often I check that I'm entering the correct username and password.

On my Moto X (Android 5.1) with Republic Wireless, it just works. If I connect to an xfinitywifi network, the Republic app prompts me to verify (authenticate) and I can sign on (with the same credentials I'm trying to use on Windows) without trouble.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Hi @Comcast_Michael

Unfortunately, that wasn't overly helpful. The Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspot Manager link you provided, took me to a page that states, "To remove or rename the devices with access to WiFi hotspots, visit your personal list of Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices and sign in to your account."

If I click the link for the "personal list of Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices," I am taken to an Xfinity login page. If I attempt to sign on, I see, "The username or password you entered was incorrect. Please try again." I'm using the same username and password that I use to verify/authenticate on xfinitywireless with my phone.

Furthermore, the instructions on the page you linked to, "How to Remove or Rename Registered Devices," don't work for me. If I sign on at https://business.comcast.com, and under My Account > Overview, click Manage Internet, I see nothing like "Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices > Manage Devices" as suggested in the instructions.

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

6 years ago

I appreciate the additional details. I will take a closer look at your account and subscription. Can you please send a private message when you have a moment? Please include the account phone number, the account number, and the entire service address. (with the city, state, & zip code) Can you also confirm the username you are using to sign into XFINITY Wi-Fi with?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

PM sent as requested.

New Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Sent a PM with the information.

Official Employee

• 

56 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. I will review this further for you and reply to that message

Official Employee

• 

128 Messages

5 years ago

new thread