Skip to content
kronnek's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 11th, 2016 9:00 AM

Closed

Cannot disable xfinity wifi hotspot on comcast business router

Called customer service 3 times about it, they all tried several differnet things and all failed.  Trying the forums now.

I have the xfinity wifi hotspot disabled and have called and they said it was disabled.  If you login to my comcast business page and look, you will see it says disabled.

yet....

my comcast business router still has the xfinity wifi hotspot on.

Can anyone here actually fix it for me?

If it can't be fixed, can a tech be sent out with a different router or do I buy one? 

Need this xfinity hotspot gone, yesterday. 😉

OH, I also have nothing but Norton Antivirus under my services tab as well.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solution

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This still does not work. I have tried to manage both, they say they are off, but still see xfinitywifi signal coming from our computer room Interfering with our four SonicWall SonicPoints. We did not ask for this. And I was told at time of modem install that the public xfinitywifi was off.

Gold Problem solver

• 

610 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, the forum admins here can disable it. Also, if you are not leasing a static IP from Comcast, you can go out and buy your own cable modem and router (that's what I usually recommend, anyways.)

As for the web portal only showing Norton..... yes, this has been a persistent problem, for over a year now I think. No idea if/when it's getting fixed....

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Kronnek,

Send me an PM with your account number and I will disable it in the gateway.

Thanks,

Scott

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Can I hop on this and get some help with the same thing?! TIA!

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Hi user_60e3d9. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums.This is a bit of an old thread from 5 years ago. Though, I can help with your Comcast Business Gateway hotspot setting. To get started, please send us a peer to peer chat message with your full name, business name, complete service address, and account number or phone number to "Comcast Business". To do so, simply follow these steps: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon located in the upper right corner of this page
 • Click the "New message" icon (pencil and paper) 
 • Type "Comcast Business" in the to line and select "Comcast Business" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions.