Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 8:59 PM

Cancel account request made over 30 days ago. Account/Service remains active. Why won't you cancel?

On April 17, I submitted a disconnect request.  It took Comcast 13 days to prepare/approve the request.  Why do you need to approve a customer's request to cancel service???)  My service is still active even though it has been over 30 days since I submitted the request.  What does it take to get the service cancelled.  Hep!!! 

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, user_d92456, thanks for reaching out through Comcast Business Forums regarding the disconnect request. We definitely want to ensure your request was submitted. Have you tried reaching out to our Business Team directly at 1-800-391-3000?

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Yes I did, on two occasions.  One rep told me service would be disconnected on 5/17.  The other rep said it would disconnect on 5/22.  In neither case did this happen.

Official Employee

• 

13 Messages

Thank you for this additional context. We'd love to assist in ensuring that the Business account is fully closed and also backdated to the correct date you requested. Please follow the directions below to reach us 1-1. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

This past Saturday, I did exactly what Alfonso suggested in the above message.  I have not heard anything back from Comcast other than "Your account is past due emails" and a charge for another month.  Any other ideas?