Skip to content
CSGiles's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 13th, 2018 12:00 PM

Can I add Mesh WiFi?

I see Comcast is rolling out their Mest WiFi pods in the Chicago area. Can I add this to my Business Internet. We are having some coverage problems with WiFi. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

Currently, our XFI pods are only available to residential customers. I am happy to address any internet service concerns. Please private message the name, address and phone number on the account. 

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is it road mapped to add xFi pods support to business internet? Seems silly not to.

• 

163 Messages

6 years ago

More information regarding our XFI pods can be found through this link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs 

These are currently not available to our business customers. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

Does Comcast Business offer a mesh wi-fi system?  We have found that mesh systems do a much better job of covering a larger office space.  Without mesh, the Comcast business router does not offer adequate coverage for wi-fi signals.

I am hopeful that enough years have passed so the xfi-pods (or something equivalent) can be added to a Comcast business network.

Thanks very much for any assistance you can offer in this area.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Hello. That is correct, the xFi Pods are not compatible with business accounts at this time. In regard to the extenders, you would want to check with the manufacture to ensure they are compatible and how to connect. I can also help open a ticket for service issues, if you still need support. Let me know, by sending a Private Message. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am also looking into whatever solutions would be available to extend our wifi network beyond what our Comcast for Business router currently provides. Using a secondary router or extender requires the user to join a secondary network and this is a non-starter for our business.

If Comcast cannot provide this, is anyone aware of another provider that does?

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Need to extend or amplify my WiFi coverage three rooms away from modem - what extender can I add to my TEC CGA4131COM modem?  I can't move the modem closer

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Hello, and thank you for reaching out for help with extending your Wi-Fi coverage. Since we do not have specific extenders for Comcast Business, you would need to find a 3rd party extender, and see if they could provide the needed coverage. 

I no longer work for Comcast.