Skip to content
T

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 1:40 AM

Voicemail greeting quality

As in numerous other posts, the voicemail greeting quality is horrible.  I've tried dozens of different formats to upload, all of which sound good when played on computer before uploading but after uploading it gets so compressed it sounds horrible.  I called Comcast and opened a ticket  CR119235778 which resulted in a reply from an unmonitored email address with a suggestion of trying an online WAV file converter.  I noted in another thread this should be micro-LAW Mono. I tried the suggested online tool at https://g711.org/  I can't even get ANY .wav files to upload, am forced to upload .MP3 files and they are compressed so much it sounds horrible once Comcast processes the file.  Super frustrating.  We have HD voice quality on phone calls but can't upload and have a good quality voicemail greeting.  I see tons of posts on this same topic, some support asks for a direct message then crickets.  Eventually the thread is closed with seemingly no solution.  Please help!  Im not the only one with this issue.  I'm on Business Voice Edge and extremely frustrated.

Official Employee

• 

31 Messages

8 months ago

Hello @twesslen thanks for using our Forums to contact our team. We are sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering with your voicemail greeting quality and our team is here to help. To get started can you please send us a DM?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list

• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry @Comcast_Jorge I don't see any "Xfinity Support" when I type it in the to line.  No results found.  Please advise further.

Official Employee

• 

31 Messages

I just updated the steps and I am sorry for the confusion. We see your DM and will be responding shortly. 

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

I went through the process of opening up a chat with support.  Thought I was getting somewhere.  The support call was escalated and a support ticket was created CR119605308.  Just heard back from them yesterday...they pointed me towards the g711.org website that I had already tried and also gave me a generic link about the voicemail product in general.  

I have NEVER been able to upload a WAV file.  It always says

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

Please upload a valid WAV file.

This is after attempting to make a WAV file from the Comcast recommended link to g711.org tool.  As found in other posts, "S" sounds are complete garbage.  

I AM able to upload MP3 files, but the same result occurs..."S" sounds are horrible. 

Come on Comcast.  Quit dodging the problem.  This has been a problem for years.  Help us out please!