Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, June 19th, 2023 3:46 PM

VoiceEdge version 1.51.0 is broken

We are having nothing but issues with VoiceEdge version 1.51.0. Since this update, the desktop app:

- Crashes several times per day

- Randomly logs users out and often will not accept credentials (yes, they are correct)

- Keypad blanks out to a white screen and End Call button disappears when a call is placed

- Calling by extension results in same white screen and calls do not initiate

- Calling external numbers results in "Calling..." but no connection occurs...or the aforementioned white screen appears

- Call waiting ringer is on even when turned off

- If a call is answered on smartphone instead, the desktop app keeps ringing

We are running on Win 10 and Win 11. We have uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out, rebooted, you name it. Different computers in different locations so it is not a LAN issue. 

The phone app has also become unstable frequently. We've called about a dozen times with no resolution.

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for reaching out to the Xfinity Corporate Digital Care team! I hope your week has been treating you well, and thanks for taking a moment out of your busy day to reach out to us. 

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with VoiceEdge version 1.51.0. We understand the frustration caused by these issues. To help resolve the problems you're facing, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1). Clear app cache: Go to the VoiceEdge desktop app settings and clear the cache. This can help resolve unexpected crashes and login issues.

2). Update your operating system: Ensure your Windows 10 and 11 systems are up-to-date with the latest patches and updates. This ensures compatibility with the VoiceEdge app.

3). Check network connectivity: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection by performing a speed test. Unstable or slow connections can cause issues with call initiation and app behavior.

4). Disable call waiting ringer: Within the VoiceEdge app settings, turn off the call waiting ringer option. This should prevent it from ringing when disabled.

If you still face issues, please send us a direct message, and we will gladly help!

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_Renee​ 

1) I see no option to clear cache in settings on the desktop app. Please advise.

2) Our operating systems are fully updated.

3) We are on 500Mbps and 1Gbps, wired Internet connections, respectively. As I said, it is not a LAN issue.

4) Again, as I said, the ringer option is disabled and it rings anyway.

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Apologies for any confusion caused. Let's address your concerns regarding the VoiceEdge app:

1). Clearing the cache: If you don't see an option to clear the cache within the VoiceEdge desktop app settings, you can try the following alternative method:

Close the VoiceEdge app completely.
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
Type "%appdata%" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Locate the "VoiceEdge" folder and delete it.
Restart the VoiceEdge app and see if the issues persist.

2). Operating system updates: It's great to hear that your operating systems are fully updated. This ensures compatibility with the VoiceEdge app.

3). Internet connection: Thank you for confirming your high-speed wired connections. This rules out any LAN-related issues.

4). Ringer option: If the ringer option is disabled, but the app still rings, please try the following:

Open the VoiceEdge app settings.
Enable the ringer option and save the changes.
Close the app and reopen it.
Return to the settings and disable the ringer option again.
Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

If you need help with these steps, please let us know. We'll continue to assist you in finding a solution.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Voice Edge is still a brick with no change after removing the app data folder and rebooting. Resetting app settings, closing and reopening. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. All problems persist.

In addition, the iPhone app continues to be problematic:

1) It will let me dial the number for a call but the green button to initiate the call is unresponsive. Sometimes closing the app and reopening works, sometimes I have to turn my phone off and back on, and sometimes neither work.This problem occurred on my previous phone and continues on the new one. In fact, I've installed/removed/reinstalled on the new phone several times. iPhone iOS is fully updated.

2) It has also been dropping calls. I have full cellular and WiFi bars, so signal is not the problem.

3) It is not ringing when a call comes through and they end up in voicemail. I have confirmed that call forwarding is off, do not disturb is off, phone settings are correct, my phone ringer is on and loud.

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

Hey there @user_b55b00! I am sorry to hear that you are still having troubles with Voice Edge. We would be happy to submit a ticket for our team to investigate your troubles further. 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it