Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 11th, 2022 6:20 PM

VoiceEdge Desktop App drops call and gets silent.

For several times now there were numerous instances where we receive a call and in a matter of about 30 seconds-1 minutes into the call, the caller cannot hear us or we cannot hear the caller. Even if we return the call right after this happens, the issue still occurs for several hours.

I have also experienced where we receive a call and can be in mid-conversation and the call drops.

VoiceEdge Desktop App is dropping calls a few minutes into the call when using the app remote.  Internet connection is good.  Voice is clear, then just drops. So far this problem seems to be only existent with the Desktop App.

I have reached out to technical support and they send someone to our office location, even after I made it clear, repeated and confirmed that they understood I was working from a different locations to check our internet connection. Obviously, that did not solve the problem. After that, they told me to call the Customer Support from my modem company to fix the issue. I did it even already knowing that it wouldn't result in any changes, and after that I don't know what else I can do to get help, because Comcast doesn't seem to know what is the product they offer and have more issues than acceptable with what they sell us.

This is a Business phone, and I keep having angry clients, cannot complete the calls and our operation is being severely disrupted because no one seems to be able to help us find a way to fix the issue.

Valid to say, I notice more people relating the same or similar problems with the Desktop App, but I cannot find an answer to resolve this issue.

When I called Comcast I had to use my personal cellphone to contact them, because my line was constantly dropping the calls and I couldn't talk with any one.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Business Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your VoiceEdge services. We definitely want to ensure you are able to make your important business calls. 

Are you only having issues with the Desktop app? Also, are any other employees having the same issues with the VoiceEdge app? 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, thank you for answering.

So far I only notice problems with the Desktop version. I am the only employee that uses the app, however, every time we use it to call an extension we have to call multiple times, it feels like a nightmare. We end up using cellphones when this occurs.

I also tried to use the app while I was at the office and the problems persisted, so I really don't believe it could be related to connectivity issues.

Recognized Contributor

• 

17 Messages

@user_fe10f0. Oh my ! That is not good and not what we want for our valued members. 

Please send us a private message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number. By clicking the "message" icon in the upper right page of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle (Comcast Business) to send us a private message.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon in the top right corner
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
  • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

New Contributor

• 

51 Messages

2 years ago