Wednesday, October 16th, 2024 5:53 PM

Voice edge app not ringing

For some of my users the app will not ring anymore call comes up as missed 

[Edited: All caps]

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

1 day ago

This is happening for us as well. We have a Tier 2 ticket created and waiting for a response. The app was working perfectly fine yesterday. 

New Contributor

• 

16 Messages

thanks,  so its a them issue....again

Official Employee

• 

29 Messages

@cchandler101 I am glad to hear that you got a ticket submitted. Those tickets are what help us determine whether the issue is wide-spread, individual, or affecting only a few accounts. I checked our known issues board, and nothing is posted there yet. This could just mean that we are investigating it. Issues don't get posted there until it is confirmed that it is not account-specific. Until then, we need to troubleshoot this on an individual level to get those teams as much information as possible.

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_Tony 

I have tried the following troubleshooting steps with no success: 

• Reset App Configuration Settings
  • Uninstalled / Reinstalled Application 
  • Confirmed Windows Software Updates Completed 
  • Added Voice Edge App to approved list on Firewall Protection
  • Temporarily Turned off Firewall to see if that would make a difference, it did not. 
  • Deleted App Cache Data 

The app was working normally yesterday and no changes were made in our office overnight. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

1 day ago

Hey there, Rick1! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Comcast Business Forums. I am very sorry to hear about the experience with the Voice Edge App not ringing. Can you share with us what troubleshooting steps you have completed?  

New Contributor

• 

16 Messages

@Comcast_Adrienne​ I've reinstalled the app on a few users.  since our users are all over 2 states it didn't makes sense to do much more then basic things like restart etc 

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

Perfect, thank you for sharing those details with us @Rick1! I would be happy to further troubleshoot with you, and ensure this is resolved as quickly as possible. Can you send us a DM to get started?

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "comcast_business_community"
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

16 Messages

sure,  but how much difference is it going to make if different customers complain about the same exact issue?

perhaps some change on your end happened over night that messed this up.  

perhaps you might want to get ahold of that team and troubleshoot 

Official Employee

• 

36 Messages

I completely understand the concerns, @Rick1. The best route would be to get our advanced repair teams involved, so they can report the issue, and can share if it is known concern with our engineer teams. Please send us a DM if you wish to further troubleshoot. 

New Contributor

• 

16 Messages

does this mean you're getting your "advanced repair teams " involved or you need me to trouble shoot first.