Skip to content
user_89JM28's profile

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Tuesday, August 29th, 2023 5:41 PM

User can't hear incoming phone audio

One of my users found out about an hour ago that her Polycom phone was not working properly. She can hear a dial tone and the sounds of button presses when she uses it, but she is unable to receive incoming audio on a call. The volume is turned up, and the same thing happens on speakerphone calls as happens when using a handset. Other people can hear her if she makes a call and speaks. We have reseated cables on the phone and unplugged it from power, then reconnected it.

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

1 year ago

In the time that this post has been up I have received no responses about it.

However, the user's phone has been disconnected and is now sitting on my desk. Either we need someone to troubleshoot this issue next week (the user is currently out sick) or we need to get the phone replaced with one that works.

Official Employee

• 

295 Messages

Hi, @JMcGeary! I just wanted to check in with you to see how everything is working today. 

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@Comcast_Gabriel​ It's not. I've been trying to get someone to contact us from level 2 support because this user is now stuck using the Comcast softphone software and I keep getting told in direct messages that 'someone from advanced support will contact you about an appointment!' or 'someone from advanced support will contact you about troubleshooting!'. And then I hear nothing from advanced support. And then I get techs trying to close the case and ask if there's anything else they can do to help.

Can we just get this user's phone replaced, since tier 2 support doesn't seem to be interested in contacting us to do troubleshooting?

Official Employee

• 

31 Messages

@JMcGeary Our team works together to help our customers. This way you don't have to wait for someone to be working for you to get assistance. I am sorry you are having an issue sending us a Direct Message. Are you logged into your Xfinity Profile on the Forums page? 

New Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@Comcast_Christy​ I'm sorry, what? I have a string of direct messages several weeks long that have all been exchanged with Comcast technicians via the ID 'Comcast Business'.

I am logged into my Comcast Business VoiceEdge account. I am not having issues sending you a direct message. I am having issues getting a Comcast technician to phone me and help me troubleshoot my user's phone problems, and I am having issues with Comcast telling me in direct messages that they are going to have Tier 2 support schedule an appointment. 

Is there a phone number I can call or is this all I can expect?