Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Jun 14, 2021 5:14 PM

Importing contacts from .csv doesn't work

When I try to import contacts per the instructions I get Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. File contains invalid phone numbers.

Have tried multiple times with different files. Even the test csv file -- which contains two columns (Name and Number) and one record -- fails with the same error.

I have 45 users who have been waiting for their contact import for weeks.

It always amuses me when a multi-billion dollar company can't get the easy stuff working.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

1 m ago

Hello, @user_8cb6c1! Thank you for reaching out to us today over our Comcast Business Community Forums. We know how important it is to have updated contacts for business purposes. Here is a great article that may help, and will have the format needed for the .csv file to import successfully.  

https://business.comcast.com/help-and-support/voice/access-your-business-voiceedge-contact-directories

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

As I mentioned already, I have followed the instructions.

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

Can you please send our team a private message with your full name, business name, and service address? We can take a look into some other options we may have for a solution. If we find one that we can share publicly here too, we will, as well. 

To send us a message please click the chat bubble, type in "Xfinity Business", type in your info and send it out to us! Thanks so much! 

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

I don't see a chat bubble anywhere on this site page.

Windows 10 with Google Chrome (latest update)

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon or https://comca.st/3viMs5v
Let me know if that link works ok for you. :)

New Contributor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

The link does take me to the Peer to Peer Chat window, but I don't know what name to put in. It won't take "Comcast_Martin"

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

Apologies! I had the wrong name, instead of Xfinity Business use this: 

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
That should populate the correct username to send a message to.