Skip to content
bezippy's profile

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 9:00 AM

Do not receive Be Anywhere calls on my iPhone when working remotely

We recently became Comcast Voice Edge customers.  Today I am working in my home office.  I have the My Account App where my cell phone is turned on as the phone I want to ring/receive calls when my office dials my extension.  However, so far they have tried to transfer calls about ten times today.

Once it came through - the phone rang, and I was able to answer it.

Three times I received no notification whatsoever from my phone that there was incoming call.

Six times I received a banner notification but the phone did not ring and I though I tried to click on the banner notification, I could not connect to the call.

My partner worked from his home office yesterday with no issues at all.  He was able to answer all the calls our secretary transferred from the office (or let them go to voicemail if he was tied up).  And, they tested his phone today and were able to transfer the call with no issues.

Here's what I've tried so far.

Updated my iPhone 6plus to the latest software.

Deleted the Comcast My Account App and reinstalled.  (twice)

Rebooted the phone. (twice)

Any other ideas? Some iPhone setting I'm not aware of?  Please help, as this was one of the main reasons we switched to  Business Voice Edge. I'm not a happy camper right now as it's tax season and I shouldn't have to be dealing with this issue - I've got way too many other things to do.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Sigh.  User error on my end.

I believe that uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixed the intermittant problems I was having with the app - but then when I logged back in to the reinstalled app I entered my cell phone number wrong and well... if the number is wrong, it ain't gonna work right.

I couldn't figure out how to delete this post so if someone could mark it as solved and I'll just slink away quietly, knowing that I look lke a complete idiot... thank you