Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 5:25 PM

Contacts from VoiceEdge to Poly phone and Cell phone app?

Is there a way to have the contact you put in VoiceEdge show up on your Poly phone and Cellphone app?

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, user_d11900. Thanks so much for taking the time to create a post here in the community. We're happy to see what we can do to help answer your questions surrounding the way contacts can be stored/reflected. Are you currently using our VoiceEdge Desktop app: https://comca.st/3G1pTsv?

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_Morgan  Yes, using the VoiceEdge Desktop app.  Have put all my contacts in that app, but those contacts will not show up on the Poly desktop phone or the Comcast Business app for the Cellphone.

As I stated in a comment after my original post:

"Also, this makes no sense to me:  "Any personal contact that is added on the My Account portal in the personal directory will be pulled and displayed on the Desktop app only. This will only occur if the contact is added before the first-time login. After login, any additions or edits to personal contacts on My Account portal will not be displayed."

Why would you not be able to go online to your Online Account and add in contact info and not have it show up on your VoiceEdge desktop app or your Comcast Business cellphone app, and visa-versa?  There must be a way that when you add a contact on any of those that it also shows up on the others.  If there is not a way then there should be, because having to add in the same contact info on 3 different things (Poly phone, VoiceEdge desktop app, Comcast Business Cellphone app) is ridiculous."

(edited)

Gold Problem solver

• 

49 Messages

I totally get where you're coming from on that. We'll work on tackling this one piece at a time. You mentioned your saved contacts aren't displaying in your Comcast Business app, are you seeing them display correctly in the VoiceEdge Desktop app? I just want to confirm, thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I put my contacts in the VoiceEdge Desktop app.  I now want all those to show up on my Comcast Business cellphone app and on my Poly desktop phone.  How do I do that?

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

Please send us a direct message so we can assist you further with your contact transfer. To send a peer-to-peer chat:
Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: : https://comca.st/3nYCENK
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type ‘Comcast Business’.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.
 We ask that you please include your first and last name, the business name on the account, the phone number for the account, and the service address.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_Ashley

Why do I have to send a private message to answer this question?  Would it not make more sense to answer it here on the forums, so that others having the same issue can also benefit from the information?

(edited)

New Contributor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Also, this makes no sense to me:  "Any personal contact that is added on the My Account portal in the personal directory will be pulled and displayed on the Desktop app only. This will only occur if the contact is added before the first-time login. After login, any additions or edits to personal contacts on My Account portal will not be displayed."

Why would you not be able to go online to your Online Account and add in contact info and not have it show up on your VoiceEdge desktop app or your Comcast Business cellphone app, and visa-versa?  There must be a way that when you add a contact on any of those that it also shows up on the others.  If there is not a way then there should be, because having to add in the same contact info on 3 different things (Poly phone, VoiceEdge desktop app, Comcast Business Cellphone app) is ridiculous. 

1 Message

Have you received any resolution on this?

2 Messages

because they can't do it     It is crazy

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Is there any update on this? I spoke with Comcast support and they said, "We should be able to see the contacts added via online on the Polycom."

It still doesn't work. Are there any plans to fix this?

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

@Debi I would recommend reaching out to manufacturer of Polycom to see if they have any suggestions on how to display contacts there. At this time we don't have the option from our end. We're always working on ways to make our products and services better when possible, and appreciate your feedback.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Thank you Jennifer. Respectfully, we shouldn't have to chase this down with Polycom. This is something Comcast should be doing on our behalf. If a headlight goes out on your car, the car manufacturer doesn't tell you to contact the headlight manufacturer. I hope you can see my point.

Someone in upper management should be made aware of this problem. As far as I can see, it's been around for at least 4 or more years.

I appreciate your response, but it's not going to work for us.

Thank you.

2 Messages

When I call Comcast support for issues, they act like they don't even know there are desktop apps and phone apps.    I can't even get a contact to add and save in the Voice Edge windows desktop app right now.       Support sent me articles that I already read.