Skip to content
MWatsonANB's profile

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 7:00 AM

Comcast Business App Doesn't Ring Through Mobile

We have many users now on the Comcast Business App working remotely. Most are on iOS with a couple on Android devices. None of the devices rings when a call is incoming. Notifications pop up, but no sound. I could have sworn I've heard a sound on my phone through this app.

Is there notification by sound through the Business App on incoming calls? If so, how do we turn this on?

Some things I've tried:

Notificaions are on.

Notifications are set for sound, vibration, and banners.

The phone is not silenced or in any sort of silent mode.

The ringer is turned up.

DND is not on.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to the Digital Care Team here through the forums about your business app not working properly. We do know how frustrating this must be and you have reached the right team to help make sure we get this taken care of for you. Can you please send us a private message with your name, the full address, and the account number? 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

I have sent you a PM.

Problem solver

• 

348 Messages

4 years ago

I am so glad to see that everything is now resolved 🙂 It looks like it was actually a feature called BeAnywhere which we just enabled and then added enable to all users. You can follow this link https://xfin.tv/3c651k9 for more information, I hope this helps. I am sorry that a support ticket was opened, I just wanted to make sure that we were able to get this taken care of for you 🙂 

We do see that you have been with us since 2019 and we really do appreciate your loyal service with us. I am sorry that it took a while to get this taken care of and we do appreciate your time. If you do need anything else, please let us know as we are your one-stop-shop here 24/7.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@CC_Anisa​ I am having the same problem. But, I have followed the prompts and nothing! A little help please.

Official Employee

• 

48 Messages

@Gixxer117  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your issues with calls on the business app. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. Have you went to this link that CC_Anisa provided https://comca.st/3miwCp6 yet to have the issue resolved?

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for helping to get a ticket in and getting this resolved; though, I'm not sure why the resolution required such. On my support call, the technician seemed to intimate that it was a setting I could make in the portal. He went ahead and made the setting for all of our employees, for which I am grateful, but I would have much rather known what that setting is for future reference.

New Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I've been having the same problem and I was hoping the answer would be here. The canned responses of "Send us your info directly" to help requests are not helpful to the community.

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your issues with calls on the business app. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. I wish that I had a blanket answer for you and I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the phone calls not ringing through. This would be an issue that we would have to troubleshoot directly which is why we are asking that you reach out to us with the account information so that we can look into the account and see where the issue may be. I know that your time is valuable and I want to get to the bottom of this for you as quickly as I can. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number?

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Here's what I found from doing this a few times:

In the Voice Edge Portal, navigate to the Services pull-down and select Business VoiceEdge User.

Select the VoiceEdge User you want.

Navigate to the Be Anywhere Settings and insure that there is a cell phone there and that it is set to active.

On the User's cell phone, navigate to the App and open it.

From the My Phone page, click on the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.

Tap on Manage Phones.

If there is no phone there, Add Phone.

After insuring there is an entry for a phone (usually a cell phone), back out one level.

Tap on Be Anywhere.

Insure that the entry for the Cell phone is shaded in. You can tap on it to notice how the shading toggles to insure that it is shaded in.

Once this is shaded in, it should work.

I hope this is helpful.

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I got a new phone and I downloaded the app, but I cannot make outgoing calls. Do I need to enable something on my phone? We use Comcast Business App through my employer. Halp. Thank you for any tips/ideas. 

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I got a new phone and now the Comcast Business App on my phone is not allowing me to make outgoing calls. Do I need to enable something on my new phone or? Any ideas/tips appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

Hello @user_62718e THank you so much for reaching out about these issues to our attention! Our contributor @MWatsonANB provided some great information in this post about the Voice Edge Portal- have you had an opportunity to try this out already?  We are here for you should you need any additional assistance.  If you could please send me a Modmail message with your full name and full address for the account,  I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Alfonso

We have many users now on the Comcast Business App working remotely. Most are on iOS with a couple on Android devices. None of the devices rings when a call is incoming. Notifications pop up, but no sound. I could have sworn I've heard a sound on my phone through this app.

Is there notification by sound through the Business App on incoming calls? If so, how do we turn this on?

Some things I've tried:

Notifications are on.

Notifications are set for sound, vibration, and banners.

The phone is not silenced or in any sort of silent mode.

The ringer is turned up.

DND is not on.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Comcast Business App