Skip to content
U

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 20th, 2022 4:20 PM

Port RCF/RACF Number

Hello,

Years ago we had Comcast set us up with the ability to use an existing (Verizon) phone number we had set up in a different section of town. At that time we were told that Comcast was unable to port the number to an actual Comcast Voice number and instead were given the option to use Remote Call Forwarding to forward that number to a newly assigned Comcast Business Voice number. This process has been set up and working fine for years however I am now at the point where I want to port out our original number to another carrier and I'm getting stuck.

My understanding is that, when we set up the new account, phone numbers, and RCF (years ago) that Comcast ported in our original number as sort of a virtual inbound only number that can be used for RCF. That original number shows up nowhere on our actual Comcast bill so I'm getting push back from the new carrier about transferring it in. However, the "Remote Call Forward" feature does show up on our monthly bill and I think that is probably tied somewhere under the covers to our original number.

Can someone, who understands how ported RCF numbers work inside of Comcast, help me figure out what I need to do in order to get this number released? I called into support today and received a ticket number for my case. This individual originally wanted me to call Verizon (who we no longer have an account with) and then they said to call Level 3 (who we do not have an account with) and then finally told me to have the new carrier call into Comcast Business support. Maybe the carrier calling into support will work but I have concerns that they'll get a bit of a run around. Is there a smoother way to do this?

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

Hello there @user_d7c6f1!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Comcast Business Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and are glad to help in any way that we can to get this taken care of for you.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get you squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and account info so that we can get started on this for you.  

New Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

@Comcast_Armand  has not responded to my PM's. If there is someone else who can assist then please let me know as I'm stuck trying to making this port.

Thank you.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Oh no! Please follow these instructions to send a DM to Comcast business as we do not respond to DM's that are sent directly to an agent. 

"To send a "Peer to peer" / "Private chat message" message to "Comcast Business":

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

• or https://comca.st/3rgEIlI
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list
  • - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it"

I no longer work for Comcast. 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Any luck with this? We are currently in the same boat. Comcast business support has not been helpful thus far. I'm having trouble getting any agent I speak to to understand the situation. Anyone at Comcast that I can reach out to about the same issue as OP?

thanks,

Lenny