Skip to content
FrankB's profile

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

Friday, September 8th, 2023 6:36 PM

Phone Outage

I need help to contact Comcast about a phone outage. Our business phones have been intermittent all day (Sept. 8, 2023.) I reset the modem with Comcast 2-3 hours ago but the problem persists. I called Comcast a 2nd time for support and also tried to reach them through the internet though our business account portal. I was on hold for 1.5 hours on my mobile phone when the call dropped or was disconnected. I can't find a way to report the problem online, send an email or through the chatbot. I've asked the chatbot to have Comcast call me again but it has been another 30 minutes since I requested the 3rd call. Comcast shows no service issues on our account and on the Comcast website. All of this seems to indicate a serious problem in our area but I'm not sure Comcast even knows about it. Suggestions?

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Gisselle (sp?) at Comcast confirms there is a software issue on the Comcast side that has been affecting Comcast Business inbound calls today. 

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here today to let us know about the issue with your phone services, I can help! Can you please

reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

I don't find "Xfinity Support" as an addressee. Would it be just "support"?

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

This is for a Comcast Business account. I seem to be limited in who I can address DMs to. For example, I cannot send a message to Comcast_BrianA but I seem to have other Comcast_EmployeeName addresses that are available. Is there a Comcast Business Support address I can use for direct messages?

(edited)

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

I got another call back from Comcast but after being on hold again for several minutes with music, I thought I was being connected but there has been silence for over 5 minutes. I have tried reaching out to "Xfinity Support" in the chat icon as suggested by a Comcast employee but the messaging app will not accept "Xfinity" or "Xfinity Support" in the "To" box.

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble sending us that message, are you logged in using your Xfinity account information? 

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and last four digits of your account number or full phone number.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it

New problem solver

• 

6 Messages

@Comcast_BrianA​ yes, logged in.

Official Employee

• 

20 Messages

If you are logged in you should be able to send us a message by following the follow directions: 

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right corner
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Comcast Business" there 
• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Comcast Business" from that list 
• - An "Comcast Business" graphic replaces the "To:" line 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send it

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

[Edited: "All Caps"] Having the same problem callers are sent directly to voice mail, or the call disconnects as we answer was on hold for 40 minutes with no answer. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Hello @user_2c428b thank you for letting us know of the issues you are running into with your calls. There was a known issue earlier today that did impact some of our business customers with being able to properly receive calls. However, this issue has now been resolved, so everything should be working for you. How long ago did someone attempt to call you and it either went to voicemail or dropped after you answered? Is this happening to everyone that calls you, or only certain numbers?

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

I have been having similar issues this week.  Dropped calls, one ring, then straight to voicemail.  The Soft Reception console will show the disconnected calls twice when the caller calls back.  I don't want to open a ticket because they are seldom responded to, but the problems usually resolve themselves.

Getting worse today.

What gives?