Skip to content
P

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 6:07 PM

Outgoing Caller ID Number Configuration

We have Comcast Business Voice phone service for multiple phone lines/numbers. When I log into our Comcast account phone Manager Dashboard and make my way to manage settings for one of our phone lines, there is a section to modify the Caller ID number (not name). From here, I can change the number to any one of our other numbers and it seems to hold my changes - When I logout from our Comcast account and log back in, the modified number is still set.

Problem it, when I place a call out, the number presented to the other end is still the original number attached to the line I modified.

How can I successfully show a different number to the place I called?

In case it matters, when logged into the Comcast website, a page indicates that we have Business Voice, but while managing the phone settings, the web address includes "ManageVoiceEdgePhone".

Official Employee

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

@PaulK - Thank you for your business and for seeking assitance here on the Xfinity Forums. Great question! You can manage your phone numbers and devices using the Switch Phone number feature in Business VoiceEdge. Here is how.
1. Navigate to one of the User details pages you wish to switch.
2. Scroll down to their Number and Device information.

3. Under Edit Extension, select Switch Phone Numbers.

4. Follow the instructions to complete the process of switching the phone numbers between two users.

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I do not find a link for individual users. If I am at the AdminDashboard page and scroll down, I see all of our phone numbers and only the first number has a user listed. All the other numbers show that they are unassigned. Each of these numbers has a Manage link beside user name/unassigned. If I click on that Manage link, it brings up a page where I can assign a user (We don't set a user and only have one ring group for all phones. I can also change the displaying Caller ID. 

I added a user to one of the unassigned lines and changed the Caller ID to one of our other numbers, but the Caller ID on the other end still indicates the original number.

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

Hi there, @PaulK I hope you are having a great day. I do appreciate the time your taking out of your day. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are having with your caller ID. Can you please try the following:

I have a great link https://comca.st/3SFykiu that will walk you step by step through on getting your caller ID changed.

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

Can I bump this issue? The links provided in earlier replies are not available to me (maybe available internally only?). 

When I log into our online Comcast account, the modified CID number is still set, but outbound calls do not show the changed number.

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

Hi there @PaulK!  Thanks so much for taking the time to follow up with us today.  We definitely want to make sure that we get things taken care of for you.  Can you tell me what errors you are receiving when you click the links?

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Hi @Comcast_Armand 

If I click on the first link: https://comca.st/3rf9gn3, I get this error:

cafenx.cable.comcast.com’s server IP address could not be found.

If I copy/paste the next address: https://comca.st/3SFykiu, it now comes up, but gives instructions which I originally used to change the CID. Dashboard indicates my goal, but, in practice, selected number is not displayed on customer's phone.

If it matters, we don't attach a user to a line, but for testing, I attached myself, but that did not change the CID I wanted.

Official Employee

• 

44 Messages

No worries!  Thanks so much for taking the time to include those links for me.  I am taking a look to see what we can do our end to remedy this for you.  When you make the change, are you receiving any error after the action is completed?

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

No, I receive no errors (I just changed it again to test). When I get back to the AdminDashboard, my changes are displayed as if selection was successful. Thanks for your time.

Official Employee

• 

78 Messages

We would like to look into this further.  Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, you must be signed in. Please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!