Skip to content
John3800's profile

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Fri, May 8, 2020 9:00 PM

Fax line causing fax machine to reboot.

Here's an odd one. We have an HP color LaserJet MFP M283fdw Fax/Scanner/Printer. When using the regular fax line (line 2 on the comcast modem) sending a multi-page fax the machine sends one single page, and then it reboots! Every single time! But if I plug the fax into line 1 (which is our primary voice line) it will send mutli-page faxes with no problems.

I've plugged a phone into each line to listen for line noise, and get a clear dial tone on both. Even pressed a digit to silence the dial tone so I could hear even the faintest of line noise, and both the primary voice and secondary fax line are crystal clear.

I've plugged the fax machine directly into the modem, and on line 1 (primary) it works perfectly. But on line 2 (fax line) it reboots the fax/scanner/printer immedidately after sending page 1, and it does this every single time.

We've had this comcast provided modem for a few years now. So is it time for a replacement?

EDIT: We've replace the machie with a brand new HP MFP machine, and it still does the same thing? So i've ruled out every possible cause except the comcast telephone modem.

Responses

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

1 y ago

That sounds fair,and thank you.I would like to schedule my IT guy to coordinate with your tech guy to help guide him in the process asap.Thanks for awesome communcations gabe.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

1 y ago

That sounds like a good thing to have.I am an old school guy so haven't been tosavvy with apps( i know another one of those) but it sounds like i can play around with it.Thanks Gabe

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

1 y ago

You’re welcome! Getting used to apps can definitely take some adjusting too. Once you get used to it, it really makes things a little easier. I look forward to speaking with you again in 24 hours, Dr. Baskett. You are wonderful for your patience and for bearing with us through this. Have a great rest of your day!

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

1 y ago

Hi, Dr. Baskett! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope this message finds you well. I just wanted to follow up with you today to provide an update as promised. I am still working on getting that modem replaced for you on my end. During regular circumstances, I would schedule the first available technician right away. Service visits are more limited because of the COVID-19 Pandemic. If your modem stays offline and you can't connect please let us know and we will schedule an appointment right away. I appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times. What I would like to do from here is allow another 24 hours for our Advance Repair team to contact you to make sure we utilize all of the options that we have available to address the fax line issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out for any additional questions or concerns. We are here to serve you.

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

1 y ago

My pleasure! That is definitely an inconvenience for sure! I know I would be frustrated if I was not able to fax multiple pages normally! I truly appreciate you and the girls' patience while we work to get this resolved. I am confident that we will get this corrected so faxing many pages will be easier moving forward.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

1 y ago

Hi Gabe,thank you for the heads up.No problem,just making it a little difficult to fax a lot of pages at one time.The girls have to fax a few  pages at a time in order to not get cut off in the middle of faxing and having duplicate pages on the other end.It's working but sparringly and having to stop and go.....

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

1 y ago

Hi Gabe,i haven't heard anything from you and i still have not received the new telephone modem,if you could please respond and let me know where this is going? Thank you

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

1 y ago

Hi, Dr. Baskett! I am happy to help! In reviewing the account, I am seeing that a member of our Advance Repair team attempted to contact you and left a detailed voice mail message at (386)546-4402. Did you receive that email on your end? Additionally, in reviewing the notations, I am seeing that we rebuilt the phone number on port 3 and resynchronized the modem. Are you able to confirm if you are experiencing the same issue when faxing on port 3?

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

1 y ago

Hi, Dr. John Baskett! Happy Monday to you! I hope you had a nice weekend! I just wanted to follow up with you today to see how the recent appointment went and if everything is working correctly on you end. Earlier in our conversation, I provided a link to how Comcast wants to help in any way we can during this crisis for our XFINITY residential customers. Here is a great link for how we want to help our awesome business customers such as yourself at https://comca.st/2ygKwTy.

In reviewing the account, I am seeing that we were able to resolve the faxing issues during the appointment. At Comcast, we strive in ensuring that you receive the services that you pay for. As a one-time courtesy and out of appreciation for your business, I went ahead and completed a credit adjustment of $129.85 today for one month of Business Internet 75 at $69.75 + 2 Mobility Voice Lines at $29.95 each. You should expect to see this credit online within the next 48 hours.  

I just love how our my account section through our portal at https://comca.st/2WFXYtq and Comcast Business My Account app are great resources for viewing and paying your bill on the go! You should also expect to see this credit on your next billing statement that prints on 06/16/20, which is the same date as your billing cycle date. Your next billing cycle dates are from 06/24/20 – 07/23/20. Your new projected total amount due as of today is $376.04. How does this sound so far?

If I do not hear back from you, no worries. Please feel free to reach out whenever in need. Thank you for your time and business! I appreciate you for allowing me the opportunity to help with the faxing concerns. We are always here to help at any time for your convenience!

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 d ago

Here we are in Richmond Virginia, a year later 6-8-21 with the same issue.  Our IT person sent us this information. 

While using our dedicated Comcast fax line, the Comcast fax line causes our Hewlett Packard Color Laser Jet Pro  MFP m283fdw printer/fax/copier to reboot after sending a one page fax.  Our local IT person suspects a modem issue (the modem is nearly four years old).   When we called Comcast to report the issue, we were told to wait until local service in our area is completed.  What say you?

Official Employee

• 

2 Messages

Hi there @user_088910!  Thanks so much for your input.  We would love to assist in getting this resolved for you.  Can you give me a little background on this issue?  Have you tried rebooting the device?