Skip to content
AbleTool's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

"Extended Abscence Greeting" - Needs Voicemail feature!

The "Extended Abscence Greeting" has no voicemail option for my customers who call. What good is that?

MY customers need to be able to leave a voicemail about any issues or problems.

The purpose of a temporary alternate "Extended Abscence" Greeting is to retain the normal greeting to revert back to when normal hours resume... When my business closes for a holiday and I want to have a different greeting to notify callers of holiday hours, I would like to use the extended abscence greeting feature... The problem is that you don't allow voicemail. After hearing my greeting, my customers just hear "Goodby" from your system.

This is very inconvenient because I am forced to re-record my greeting every time we close for a holiday, and re-record again to recreate our normal greeting.

Accepted Solution

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi VHH and welcome to the support forums.

I can help with your inquiry for the extended absence greeting. The feature is working as intended. Anyone calling in would not be able to leave a voicemail if this feature was active. I would recommend leaving your phone line as it is to receive voicemails. Hope this helps.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I totally agree and I'm adding my voice to this message so that others will see it.

just found out that the extended absence greeting does not allow callers to leave a voicemail after we switched over it and a patient told us she could not leave a message.

Comcast, please let us know if there is any way you can change this - or if it's the simple matter of changing a setting in our system features online.

Thanks.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

No, of course that doesn't answer the question.  What good is the extended absence greeting FOR YOUR VOICEMAIL if they can't LEAVE A VOICE MAIL.  You need to change this feature, or add another alternate greeting feature that allows the user to keep their standard greeting but simply replace when needed with an alternate greeting.  I can't imagine why anyone would think re-recording a standard greeting over and over is a solution.

Advocate

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi dencor and welcome to the business forums. 

Thanks for the feedback. The Extended Absence greeting is working as intended. There are times when a business would like to let their clients know they are away and not receive any messages during that time. Call forwarding may be an option you may want to use as well. Please do let me know if you need anything.

• 

2 Messages

@Comcast_Phil​ 

Like user_ae7653 stated... "You have some that don't want messages while they are away, then give them the option to turn on or off."

So allow users to use the extended absence greeting with the ability to allow, or turn off the ability to leave a message.

It is a pain to re-record the normal greeting every time we need to make a temporary alternate greeting for a holiday or when closed for an emergency, etc.

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have made this request on several occasions over the years we have had Comcast Business. I actually just mentioned it this past month once again to the representative, which she thought was a "good idea" and would forward that request..which they said 3 years ago when I complained about it. What good is an extended absence greeting if your customer can't leave a message?! When we had Verizon they had an alternative that worked well. How hard is it to change?? The customer has spoken..integrate this! What's the solution? You have some that don't want messages while they are away, then give them the option to turn on or off.  Call forwarding to who??

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Please don't change because we love this feature (just a one-way message). This is why we use "Extended Absence" Greeting.

Official Employee

• 

43 Messages

Hello, thanks for visiting our Forums page! We absolutely appreciate your feedback and certainly understand your concerns. We promise to get this feedback passed along and hope to maybe have this changed in the future. Since this is a 4-year-old thread, it will now be locked and closed. If you need any further assistance, please create your own new Public post for help. Thank you! 

New Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

the fact that it does this and doesn't tell you anywhere in the instructions both on the phone or on the website is incredibly bizarre. they had some real b-side players on this one.