Skip to content
REYoung's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 2:00 PM

Comcast lost my business phone number. HELP!!

On April 15, 2020 I submitted a move/migration request to transfer my business phone and internet to my new office.  On May 12, the Comcast technician arrived at the new location to transfer my internet and phone.  The internet was set up and the technition told me that the phone number would be working in a few days.  Needless to say, it never was transferred.  WHen you call my business number, the "This number is not in service" recording plays.  For about two or three weeks I patiently called Comcast Support to get the number moved, and for about I week, I called every day, spending 30 minutes to an hour each time going through all of the details about my phone number not being transferred.  I was told by several support agents, that there was some type of problem with the orginal move request not being correct, but that they could get the number moved or transferred "soon' or in "a few days."  Needless to say, the number was never moved and is still not in service.  Finally, after 6 weeks of endless time on hold and going over the same information every time I talked with a customer support person, I canceled my Comcast phone and internet service (Get free internet at the new office).  

When I called to cancel my Comcast account, I was transferred to the "Keep the Customer Team" who tried valiantly to keep me as a customer.  And even with the long periood of time that I have been w/o my main business number, I might have stay, but was told that it would take another 7 to 10 business days to move my number!  (What a way to retain a customer)  Oh,  did I mention that I was told 7 to 10 business days at least twice before and Comcast did not follow through??

At this point, I just want to find out how Comcast dropped the ball and lost my business phone number, and allow me to get it transferred to my wireless carrier.  While Comcast's customer service was abysmal, I put that down to poor internal systems and training.  Every time I talked with a Comcast customer suport professional, they treated me with courtsey and respect and cannot fault them at all (Well maybe the first agent that screwed up the move/transfer request).  I do not think that the custoemr service agents have enough clout internally to make things happen.  I was told by one agent that there were numerous ticket opened to move the number, then closed later in the day with no note or reason why it was closed. Meanwhile, I was in the dark about the status of getting my phone number moved.   Thank God for my mobile numer!!

Just hope that this message gets to someone at Comcast who can return my phone number they lost and correct the numerous flaws in their internal systems and business processes so the does not happen again.

Regards,

REYoung:

Official Employee

• 

526 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your lost number. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your business and we want to do all that we can to assist. You have certainly reached out to the correct team to assist you. As a part of the corporate Digital care team I would love to get to the bottom of this with you. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, business service address and account number or phone number? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Our firm is experiencing the same nightmare with Comcast in transferring our Comcast phone service to a new office.  Everytime I talk to Comcast they say the problem will be fixed in 24 hours.  Now today they said 3 days to fix.  We are a law firm and our clients cannot call us because our phone number is "no longer is service."  

The people I talk to are all friendly and they try to solve my issue, but it always seems to need to be solved by another department.  I don't know the basis of the problem, other than a staggering amount of incompetence in Comcast staff and management.

As we wait for Comcast to fix the problem, that I suspect they never will, we are starting to talk to other vendors for service.   If Comcast can't solve the problem and we need to go elsewhere, I'll be contacting a number of organizations to let them know how Comcast treats its customers.  I'll start with the local jurisdiction holding their franchise agreement.  Then the Better Business Bureau, State Attorney General, and Public Utilities Commission.  Then finally a letter to the FCC.  

Official Employee

• 

272 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I hope outside of this transfer of service issue your day has been a good one! I am sorry to hear about this poor experience, but I will be happy to help. To follow up on the situation are you able to send a private message? if you could include your first and last name, your full-service address, and your account number (or phone number) this would help out. Thanks for letting us know about your experience.