Skip to content
P

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2023 4:02 PM

Able To Forward Incoming Call To Different External Number On-The-Fly?

We have Comcast Business Voice. Is there a feature code available that would allow us to forward an incoming call to an external number on the fly?

I guess it would go something like this: Incoming call wants to talk to someone who isn't here. We place the caller on hold, enter a feature code and an external number and Comcast would take the incoming call and blind dial the external number and then disconnect the incoming call from our number just as if the caller dialed the external number directly.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

9 months ago

@PaulK Thank you for confirming that for me. You do have the option for an external call transfer. The full directions can be found here.

Transfer a call

1. Press and release the switch hook or flash button on your phone.
  2. When you hear the dial tone, you have two options:
    • For an internal transfer, dial the internal extension number and press #.
    • For an external transfer, dial the external phone number using the protocol required for your business.
  3. Complete the transfer using one of these three options:
    • Hang up. Your call is transferred.
    • Wait for someone to answer. Announce the caller and then hang up. Your call is transferred.
    • Wait for someone to answer. Press the switch hook or flash button on your phone to establish a three-way call between yourself, the person you are transferring, and the person you just dialed.

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Thank you @Comcast_Billie 

Maybe I need to change an option, but it doesn't seem to work for me:

I take a test phone that is not part of Comcast and call into one of our Comcast numbers (I tried three of our numbers). I press and release the Comcast phone's switch hook. I hear a Comcast dial tone and call another external number and can hear the ringing in the Comcast phone. At this point it doesn't seem to matter if I hang up the Comcast phone or not, the test phone has notified me the call (to our Comcast number) has ended.

The test phone and the other external numbers do not connect.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

9 months ago

Got it! Thanks @Comcast_Billie 

I found a way to program it in.

Thanks!

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

9 months ago

@PaulK Just to clarify, when you say an external number, you are referring to a phone that isn't part of your Comcast Business Services? 

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

@Comcast_Billie Yes, correct - not part of our Comcast Service.

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

@PaulK  Hmmm, does the phone have a flash button at all? If so have you tried using that?

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

No. These do not have a flash button. We are using an analog PBX on this side. I would not think our phone system is interfering with this Comcast feature, but not sure. I will research further, but do not think this PBX interprets a flash type of feature.

New problem solver

• 

14 Messages

Got it! Thanks @Comcast_Billie 

I found a way to program it in.

Thanks!

This reply has been converted into a comment

Official Employee

• 

34 Messages

@PaulK Wonderful! If you need anything else, please reach back out.