1) I used the Website Builder to build my 3 pages.
2) I created a "Contact Us" page using one of the templates
3) I clicked PUBLISH
4) I tested my website (bordeleaukeyboardstudios.org) on my Mac using Safari, FireFox and Chrome
--I can access my "Contact Us" page
5) No matter which browser I use, when I send an email from the template, my website responds "Thankyou for contacting us."
6) why doesn't this work? Why does Comcast not deliver my email to any of my addresses?
Please help me! If I can't get this fixed today, I'll have to UNPUBLISH
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello bordeLEA and welcome,
I went to your website and sent you an email and could you please let me know in here if you received it. I believe the "Thankyou for contacting us." is an integrated parameter melted within that Contact Us element. It is more of a common courtesy "Thank you" for inquiring about your service.
Also, which of these email addresses did you enter into the Contact Us webbuilder element email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org? I am asking this because if your email@example.com is an alias for your firstname.lastname@example.org admin email address, then you should be using the alias within the Comtact Us Webbulder element.
Hope this helps you out.
Hi Rich! You're the best!
I went back into the Website Builder to the Contact Us page, clicked on the EDIT WIDGET.
--I clicked on SETTINGS
--sure enough, I had my personal email address in there instead of my business address
That was about 2 hours ago; so YES!!!! I got your emails!!!
I can leave my website published now. Thanks for all your help.