Web Hosting
Highlighted
Visitor

Sign in Failed!

I have had this business account for 4 years now and from the start I could not use my 3 page starter package web site. It didn't bother me at first, but now I need a web presence. I started last month contacting Comcast for support in the evenings after the days business and spent some time going back and forth between something called the "HOSTWAY - webhosting.com" at 1-866-316-1619. - and people and the Comcast portal people. Thats the local Comcast number here in Lauderdale (but they tell me they are in Philidelphia). Each are saying it is each others problem.     I am hoping to draw some attention from some of the reps that must moniror this forum site as I have seen some of them (jon being one) really do some wonderful things for customers on here.

I have been able to establish a @instigators.comcast.biz email address. I can sign on to the Comcastbiz apps manager page where I see on the top right, under Welcome: my email address. Below this and says that I am Loged in. Looking down to Web hosting and clicking on Manage Website I am presented in a new blank window, the following:

Sign-In Failed!

Control Panel could not log you in because your account was closed. Please call technical support at 1-866-316-1619 or email welcome@webhosting.comcast.net. Thank you.

I call Comcast that tell me tocall the 866 nimber. I cann the 866 number they say it is Comcasts Portal and Comcast representitives never get it right. Whatever that means. I can give you several CR numbers but here is the latest one: CR 306-536-607 I started making a log of all the BS I have had to go through. At first I thought that I wanted to evaluate the service to see if I wanted in on the upgrade. But this is really bad here.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sign in Failed!

Welcome MKnick.  We are looking into this issue.  Please respond to the PM with requested information.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having the same problem. I want to create a website but when i click on edit website, it takes me to this message:

Control Panel could not log you in. This could be because you mis-spelled your
user ID or password, or because the account was suspended. Please call technical
support at 1-866-316-1619 or email welcome@webhosting.comcast.net. Thank you.

Please help as I need to create a website soon!!

Thanks,

Beau

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome beaudart.  We can assist with this issue.  Please send me a PM (private message) with your Business account number and contact information.  

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have been having the same problem to no avail. Also I registered a domain name with Comcast and I can not edit the site because of a sign in failure. Since the domain is registered with Comcast I can't even register the name elsewhere for the hosting...I have not been happy with the service or lack thereof. the system is not even recognizing that I have phone service so no voicemail or anything at this point. I don't see how I can possibly cntinue running my business like this.

0 Kudos