Web Hosting

Re: Uploading Files to Website via FTP

adamschumacher

I am able to connect to ftp.myname.com and place my files in www but those files aren't viewable on the internet when you go to myname.com/whatever.html for example. It gives "File Not Found - The requested URL was not found on this server". All I can get is a page from sitebuilder when I visit myname.com and I really want that to go away.
Highlighted
contempflavors
New Contributor

everytime i try to connect using an ftp client it says that my login info is bad. i have changed the passwor,d uninstalled and re-installed the client, taken down the firewalls, checked the ports etc. all it keeps saying is bad login and will not accept the password. it also repeatedly has the login dialog box and will not move past that. please help I have no content on my website because of this I have all of my info on a website that switched to comcast from but is frustrated that I have been months without my new website. its a pain to upload everything piece by piece and re-type all of the content.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello contemflavors,

Please accept our apology for the late reply.

To your query we would like to know if it is still persisting.

Additionally have you try test accessing the ftp site via internet browser?

Thank You

contempflavors
New Contributor

Yes the problem is still there. I have tried to upgrade the hosting to the business package to no avail. I cannot use the the FTP without it. The little bit of content that I did have in my site including uploaded photos and typed content have now disappeared. I am not a happy customer. I have had service since April and have not for 1 day had full functionality of my business class services. There is not even recognition in the system that I have phone service and the internet and website situation is just starting to come to a point where I can do anything.

contempflavors
New Contributor

I have tried that and I keep getting to the point where the client is not accepting my password. it just stays stuck asking for my password over and over.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello contempflavors,

Please send me a private message with the following information to assist you.

1. Your Full Name

2. Account Number

3. Primary Email account name

4. Your permission to reset the password for troubleshooting.

Thank You

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation