Web Hosting
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Comcast has the worst website hosting support

I have had a fairly horrible service so far. I have made several calls in regarding ftp files. So far I've been told it is my responsibility to they can't figure it out. I have emailed the file 3 times to technical support. The first person didnt do anything with it. The second two times they tell me the system is stripping the email and can not upload file. I have been meet with poor attitudes and short answers that made me feel like they didn't really want to help. I will admit that I'm not the most computer savvy and thought the support personel could help me better with technical issues. I expected more from a company like Comcast.

Also since I signed the contract I have been contacted multiple times asking if I would be interested in Comcast Business services. It makes me laugh when I tell them I am already a customer and to please stop with the phone calls and mailers. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jkelly1,

Welcome to the forum.

Please accept our apology for the poor experiences you have with our services.

Let us help on this issue, but can you clarify few items for us?

1. What is your current webhosting level with Comcast?

2. Are you using any FTP program or going directly via a web-browser to access the files?

3. Do you get any errors?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I am on the deluxe package. I have tried using FileZilla and a web browser. When I try to import to the mechant manager it says can not save file.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jkelly1,

Based on your post and reviewing your account, it appears you have the "starter" webhosting package with Comcast.

Starter level is for customers to build a basic web presence, and it does not have merchant function.

For review of webhosting option please use this link - Comcast Webhosting

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I think you should review that again. I have a merchant manager account I am building. My bill shows I am being billed for the deluxe 100+ pkg and paying a lot of money for it too. If this is not what I actually have, then we have huge problems!!!! I am very nervous about my future with your services. When I signed this contract I was told about your world class service and support and I really don't see it. I had to call in many times to get the services corrected for phone, internet, and tv. Our phones went down three times because the customer service reps did not save changes in the system correctly,  I was signed up for more channels than I wanted for the tv package, and no one can seem to figure out how to help me with a ftp transfer. Where is the world class service and support I signed a contract for?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I forgot to add that I had to upgrade from the starter package to the business level which is what I was supposed to have from the start.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jkelly1,

I've sent you a private message to further discuss this issue.

Please check it when you can.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

So, after several private messages there is no resolve to my problems. I was told i do not have the services that I currently are subscribed for, and that the only way to fix the issues is to start all over again. I have worked on my merchant manager site for over two months and refuse to start over. John (in my opinion) has done very little to help me. When I told him in an email what I needed, he basicaly ignored my requests and did not even address them. BE VERY CAUTIOUS PEOPLE! Maybe you will have better luck than me, but from my experience, good luck!

0 Kudos