Web Hosting
Highlighted

Newsletter contact lists

I was excited to get this when we got the Comcast service but now I can't setup my contact lists. To avoid sending irrelevant info various subscribers we have about 20 different email lists that we send tailored newsletters to.

The CSV import will not allow me to import into a new Contact list that has the same field as an existing contact list. It keeps telling me the "field exists" and will not import. If the field exists why doesn't it show up in the drop down?

I need the following fields for every contact list: Organization, City, Email

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Newsletter contact lists

Wow dead air.

So this is a permanent malfunction? Am I going to have to resort to "city1, city2, city3,...." fields?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Newsletter contact lists

Welcome dmooney.  When importing a new contact list into Outlook in .CSV format, duplicates are typically overwritten unless otherwise specified.  The Web Access (OWA) on the Comcast Portal does not include import/export functionality as is found in Microsoft Outlook.  Let us know if we can assist you with creating the Distribution list in OWA or the Outlook configuration.  This link provides attitudinal information on import/export in Outlook using the CSV format.  You can contact me via private message (PM), or any Comcast Community Manager, for direct assistance.

Thank you

0 Kudos